SF 250 Vs KOH

dan200

#BSF200

baja_racer

IRON man would go win them both

BajaFand

You would need 2 race trucks, 2 prerunner a, 2 crews, and all of the equipment at both races to compete for a win, otherwise what’s the point? You would also need a jet to go back and forth. The distance between events isn’t the limiting factor it’s the line at the border there’s no way you could transport equipment fast enough. There are plenty of TT racers that have everything required to make it happen. It’s been done several times over the years by RG, Rob MAC, Steele, the list goes on to other types of events but to my recollection no one has double dipped from desert race to desert race across the borders.

TwistyItch

ADVERTISER
Unless I missed it, we don't even have a date for KOH. How close would the dates have to be for a conflict to be a problem? No dog in any of this, just curious what the turn around time is for a major team.

jon coleman

so who's gonna attempt an Andretti?, 2 race DOUBLE, ittl' make ya famous.....( t stewart only guy to finish Both 600& indy double

rkracing

How about a 2wd vs 4wd Trophy truck showdown at K.o.h. ? Crandon style landrush with a 5 minute head start. Seems like the perfect event and venue for this

Last edited:

Baja Bryan

How about a 2wd vs 4wd Trophy truck showdown at K.o.h. ? Crandon style landrush with a 5 minute head start. Seems like the perfect event and venue for this
Love the idea. We broke the trans on the qualifying lap so never got a chance. The KOH course is huge advantage with AWD. With two big hills and really soft sand i knew a 2WD had no chance unless the AWDs broke.. Hoping for the AWD's to break to have a chance sucks. Also qualifying order was picked and I think should be drawn. Starting your qualifying lap in the back you only had a few extra minutes to make the start. Great organized event. Doing it in a spec TT will be funner next year unless we can do it in a AWD TT.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Unless I missed it, we don't even have a date for KOH. How close would the dates have to be for a conflict to be a problem? No dog in any of this, just curious what the turn around time is for a major team.
KOH has always been the first week of February. But I was just looking at the calendar, if KOH week is Feb 1-5 then that gives a week until the SF250. If KOH is Feb 8-12 then theres more of a conflict. TT teams that still have a good working truck after running the KOH T1 race on Thursday could head to the border that night and make it down in time to race the SF250. Or teams that have two prepped trucks could easily do both.

@Dave Cole 4454 Did I miss you post about your dates yet? Or can you tell us tentative dates for KOH week yet?

Charlietuna

KOH has always been the first week of February. But I was just looking at the calendar, if KOH week is Feb 1-5 then that gives a week until the SF250. If KOH is Feb 8-12 then theres more of a conflict. TT teams that still have a good working truck after running the KOH T1 race on Thursday could head to the border that night and make it down in time to race the SF250. Or teams that have two prepped trucks could easily do both.

@Dave Cole 4454 Did I miss you post about your dates yet? Or can you tell us tentative dates for KOH week yet?

I won't speak for Dave, but the info I got last week said that, though they haven't announced official dates yet, the "first week of February is a pretty safe bet".

Chris_Wilson

9 races total, are there teams that run them all?