SF community selling stickers to keep the 250 alive !!

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
The San Felipe Business Community will be selling stickers to help pay the land owners for the crossing of the San Felipe 250. Asd you all know the race runs through private property, so payments must be made a week after the race.
Help the San Felipe 250 and the San Felipe community buying a 5 dlls sticker !!

Thanks for your support !!!

Attachments

• sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 87

TRON3000

Reaction
This is very interesting. I hope somebody clarifies what is going on here. How can the land owners not be getting paid. I would think that paying for the venue location would be more of a priority then paying for TV coverage. I have a feeling racing in baja is going to come to an abrupt stop. I really hope it doesn't but why do the racers need to pay an entry fee, land use fee, land recovery fee, and then donate on top of that to be sure everyone gets taken care of. Explanation please!

racer56

Reaction
I'd like to hear someone from SCORE respond to this and more to the story from Omar. Omar wouldn't just post something like this without some knowledge on the subject.

You probably have to watch Dirt Live for the official response! :)

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Buy stickers to help pay off Land owners for the race in 4 days. Seems legit.

That is a sad looking sticker on top of that

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
SF community with help from state and city pays the Ejido land owners and other commitments with SCORE . SCORE pays back the 70 dlls land use fee per racer, which only covers around 25% of the total cost of the total land cost. The SF community is just looking for ways to fund the race and offset their cost. Nobody is profiting nada. The race is going to happen. SF is hurt economically, they decided to ask for a "voluntary cooperation". You can help them out or not, its voluntary.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Thanks Pat, looks like they will be set up at the military check point !!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
If you talk to the locals in the Ojos area they will tell you two names from Score that they absolutely hate. The locals seem to think that certain people are pocketing money and are not paying the ranchers. Regardless of who does what or what the truth might be, the landowners blame score for them not getting paid and feel like they are being continually lied to.

This is a problem, like I said regardless of what is or isn't happening the ranchers are distrustful of score and absolutely hate some of Score's employees. Hopefully this will be fixed through some communication and the ranchers can be appeased.

I'm not saying that people are pocketing money but at the very least that's what the ranchers believe, if that's what they believe it needs to be addressed.

Dirt_Nyx

Reaction
What the....? That's one of the reasons the race became the MasterCraft Safety event. The sponsorship dollars MCS contributed paid most (if not all) of the land use fees when SCORE was owned by Sal.

dezerthaces

Reaction
how can code run races on the same dirt for so much cheaper and not have these issues?

because off road racing is a business !! And score is a bigger than code .... So " segun el sapo es la pedrada" and maybe the "local" factor also play.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
If you talk to the locals in the Ojos area they will tell you two names from Score that they absolutely hate. The locals seem to think that certain people are pocketing money and are not paying the ranchers. Regardless of who does what or what the truth might be, the landowners blame score for them not getting paid and feel like they are being continually lied to.

This is a problem, like I said regardless of what is or isn't happening the ranchers are distrustful of score and absolutely hate some of Score's employees. Hopefully this will be fixed through some communication and the ranchers can be appeased.

I'm not saying that people are pocketing money but at the very least that's what the ranchers believe, if that's what they believe it needs to be addressed.

Are those 2 names still on the score payroll?