Shackle bushings

Race8100

Reaction
Anyone by chance know an Energy part # for poly bushings for 80's-90's F-150 2x rear leaf spring shackle? I guess the Ranger uses the same ones. these are the ones that are pressed (or vulcanized) in. If not Energy, then a good alternative? Delrin? Thanks.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Per Energy Suspension's catalog, the part number for the bushing package from 1981 to 96 is 4.2122. Personally, I would go with Delrin bushings if this is for a race application.

Race8100

Reaction
Thanks. Yes, for race application. You don't think the Delrin is too stiff and will transfer too much stress to suspension components?

I called Energy, and the guy there couldn't give me a specific part #. He said he thought that the might not have something for that. I thought that strange as for how many vehicles that would cover. I'll check that part #. Thanks.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
we use delrin (i think it is anyways, its white hard plastic?) anyways it works fine, never had an issue with it, look under the PMC trucks and you'll see the white plastic stuff covered in grease lol.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
The Delrin bushings should last a lot longer than the polyurethane bushings. At least they have in my experience.

mpower

Reaction
thanks, the next question is what delrin to use ?

delrin

glassfilled delrin

ptfe filled delrin

or turcite

found them all on mcmasterrcarr

or is there a better place to buy the stuff in rods to make bushings?

thanks