"Shark Bait"

michael_loomis

Reaction
nice... and scary all at the same time!

what is it gonna take before those idiots learn to stand back??

yeffy

Reaction
nice... and scary all at the same time!

what is it gonna take before those idiots learn to stand back??
no offense but i would never drive 80+ through that. i wont even pass anybody in the pits. even though its racing, it doesn't make sense to drive that fast in the middle of a crowd. for some reason i dont think the crowds are going to leave. another statement could be, when are the drivers going to learn to slow down through that? i dont think i would be able to sleep at night if something bad happened, and thats the kind of stuff i think about during a race. or everyone could just race snore where we dont seem to have those problems:D

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
wow imagine if you were the rider on the quad getting caught by the landshark and jerry welchel in the middle of all those people:eek::eek::eek:

720 Andre

Reaction
its like the 21st century version of bullfighting!! but instead of having one bull, you have hundreds of horses and one pissed off shark!!

Fast Eddy

Reaction
It's one of my fears of going down to Mexico to race. If you do loose control and run over a bunch of them who's fault is it? I sure don't want to see the inside of those fine jails they have down there.

joe1369

Reaction
It's one of my fears of going down to Mexico to race. If you do loose control and run over a bunch of them who's fault is it? I sure don't want to see the inside of those fine jails they have down there.
So What If, do you stand on the gas, get a few miles out and Radio and Pray for helicopter support to get to the U.S. and let Sal and Co. sort out the politics???? Maybe you will loose a car but you will live.

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
Simple solution. Take a dozer out there and level the jump. No jump = No crowd = nobody getting run over at Zoo road. Easy fix.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Simple solution. Take a dozer out there and level the jump. No jump = No crowd = nobody getting run over at Zoo road. Easy fix.
It is not a jump -- it is a road crossing a wash and is slightly elevated for erosion control, etc. The people will still be there because there is a good short road getting there,places to park 2wd cars, it is close to town, and close to the start (so you get to see everyone). and there are big whoops. That won't go away. Besides, many of the trucks slow down and don't jump these days -- the long section of whoops still makes it exciting.

ZOO ROAD X-ING won't go away --- SAVE ZOO ROAD! (my new bumper sticker):D

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Was there 1st time this yr. REALLY scary s##t!!
Have seen the in car of a couple races from TT19,
ublelivable!

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
It is not a jump -- it is a road crossing a wash and is slightly elevated for erosion control, etc. The people will still be there because there is a good short road getting there,places to park 2wd cars, it is close to town, and close to the start (so you get to see everyone). and there are big whoops. That won't go away. Besides, many of the trucks slow down and don't jump these days -- the long section of whoops still makes it exciting.

ZOO ROAD X-ING won't go away --- SAVE ZOO ROAD! (my new bumper sticker):D
Wicked, I am very familiar with Zoo Road. I have raced and Prerun Many miles of San felipe. I myself was almost run over there when I was 10 years old watching my Dad race. I was about 15 yards back when a Class 1 beam car lawn darted and went barrel rolling through my family and friends. Long story short it has always been dangerous.

I dont wont Zoo road to go away but people will continue to be run over there untill it is taken controll of.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
last year seemed quite safe or safer at least...

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
Thats insane.

One of the benifits of driving a slower car.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Scary stuff for sure. We all have to use extra caution. They are going to be there and we know it. Be careful.
What was that guy on the quad doing so far behind? Was he still in the race? If mine broke and I was that far behind I would at least wait till the TT and Class 1`s get through if not just go back to SF and eat breakfast!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
How come every website that I visit these days wants me to take a test to see if I'm a genius????

It's pretty obvious to me that I'm smarter than just about everyone else (my mom told me I was) so why should I bother with the test????

Anyways, from 1 genius to another thanks for the video!

Gotta go mom says dinner is ready!

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Wicked, I am very familiar with Zoo Road. I have raced and Prerun Many miles of San felipe. I myself was almost run over there when I was 10 years old watching my Dad race. I was about 15 yards back when a Class 1 beam car lawn darted and went barrel rolling through my family and friends. Long story short it has always been dangerous.

I dont wont Zoo road to go away but people will continue to be run over there untill it is taken controll of.

Yeah, I thought you were pretty familiar with the race course .. no disrespect meant ..we are in agreement that it is very dangerous... insanely dangerous...I would like to see fencing...there was a little of that last year and it helped some.... more would be better... I always think that one of these years, a vehicle will go off course and go into a crowd... that will be tragic. I am with you on wanting something done that will lessen the chance of a tragedy. I just don't know that that is. fencing and more cops is all I can think of.

C flips

Reaction
last year seemed quite safe or safer at least...
It could be because of the jump they made just after the start. People want to see the vehicles get some air. Not sure how much it would cost to make a couple of jumps, but I bet if a couple were made, there wouldn't be that big of a problem.

gunit

Reaction
The jump in the video was near the finish line not at Zoo rd. that is why the quad was in front of the shark and #40TT. At that point the race was already won or lost, there was no need to go full speed through the crowd.

xterra

Reaction
A large fence would be excellent, but the people want to see, photograph and video the race; so you place some bleachers, a tecate bar, some girls dancing, taco fish, chimichangas, and you get a nice party there. But wait, maybe a politician gets smart and starts charging cover for the entrance, hire security, build a toll road to get there, sell permits for the vendors, build a.........