Shave Weight

mspina

What are people doing to shave weight on UTVs? Seems like plenty of bolt-on hp or kits but with size increasing from the factory, is anyone trying to trim what they can or just add more ponies to compensate?

Total Loss

What are people doing to shave weight on UTVs? Seems like plenty of bolt-on hp or kits but with size increasing from the factory, is anyone trying to trim what they can or just add more ponies to compensate?
I toss the co-dawg...lol
Try to take off everyhing I don't need...pretty tough though since these things come pretty stripped down from the factory.
Probably added 100-120 lbs and 6 hp. Spare tire, tools, roof, radio, lights, belts, small bumpers.

I am keeping my stock 30's...not racing it and it works fine with them.

sand shark

In less you are in the dunes there is no need to shave weight. You won't notice it much out in the desert or on the trails. My dune set up is much lighter between the wheel/tire combo (half the weight of my dirt set up) and removing a bunch of the spare parts and stuff I only need for desert rides.

johndjmix

Shave weight? All myself and everyone I know have done is add weight. Stronger cage, radios, intercoms, race air, tolls, spare tires, etc!

—john