McCredie A

RDC Crypto
I am looking forward to seeing is Josh can repeat his winnings. It seems a lot of people say the courses have gotten rougher, TT have progressed. To me this car will be a testimate of some of the claiming.

I do think Letners Alpha is in a comparable league.

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
veneration / respect is earned with time. This car doesn’t have the wins to be worthy of being called an “Icon”
You guys are hilarious, this car regardless of wins was ahead of its time from a electronics technological standpoint, which most don’t understand because they have no idea what was in this car back then. Not to mention the engine back then was pushing the development of what became the standard CL1 engine with in house parts R&D as the LS platform was in its infancy and the exotic engine parts were not available. You all can thank Chris for a lot of that. Much like Josh’s TTTT was 10 or more like 15 years ahead of its time now, Sheila may not have the race wins to be iconic in most of your opinion, but you cannot say she isn’t an iconic CL1.

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
It’s posing a question that’s open to interpretation, that is the point. The contents of it make it clear that this is a car that set the standard of what a class one buggy is today.

Josh made some noise for sure! Iconic...far from it. I would be curious to see the list of wins. Why wasn't the resume part of the story?

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
You guys are hilarious, this car regardless of wins was ahead of its time from a electronics technological standpoint, which most don’t understand because they have no idea what was in this car back then. Not to mention the engine back then was pushing the development of what became the standard CL1 engine with in house parts R&D as the LS platform was in its infancy and the exotic engine parts were not available. You all can thank Chris for a lot of that. Much like Josh’s TTTT was 10 or more like 15 years ahead of its time now, Sheila may not have the race wins to be iconic in most of your opinion, but you cannot say she isn’t an iconic CL1.

10-15 years ahead of it's time...Really? Then make the story about Danzio if it's about iconic motors. They definitely do some cool stuff and push the limits. All I remember from the TT was the hype. I don't remember any results.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Welcome to the internet, lol. Bottom line is Sheila is a bad ass race car and I’m personally stoked to see Josh get her back in the game. You can argue semantics all you want but as far as I’m concerned seeing this car with Josh mashing the pedal again is going to be rad.

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
10-15 years ahead of it's time...Really? Then make the story about Danzio if it's about iconic motors. They definitely do some cool stuff and push the limits. All I remember from the TT was the hype. I don't remember any results.
Have you been living under a rock?

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
veneration / respect is earned with time. This car doesn’t have the wins to be worthy of being called an “Icon”
Welcome to the internet, lol. Bottom line is Sheila is a bad ass race car and I’m personally stoked to see Josh get her back in the game. You can argue semantics all you want but as far as I’m concerned seeing this car with Josh mashing the pedal again is going to be rad.
Yup

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
Iconic no, fast at the sprint races yes. Has it won a race over 100 miles?
Josh has won Battle at Primm, Rage at the River, Midnight Special (Overall). Laughlin Desert Challenge Laughlin leap, jumping 111 feet. The first class 1 in 2010 to win since 2002. And I believe a few other ones.

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
Iconic no, fast at the sprint races yes. Has it won a race over 100 miles?
This is such silly logic. A car does not need to be the most successful car ever to win to earn the title iconic. Nowhere in this article did I say it was the most successful Class 1 car ever raced. Josh only raced it for four years.

Let's use some historical examples of an Iconic Rally Car. The Ford RS200 built for the group B rally. It only raced 1 season before group B was canceled. Not one driver, nor a single race proved what it was capable of, yet we have an ever seemingly lust over that car because of what it could have been and the drivetrain behind it.

My article is about how it helps shape what Class 1 is today.

Last edited:

TRAVISD

RDC Crypto
Website
www.motoseat.com
This is such silly logic. A car does not need to be the most successful car ever to win to earn the title iconic. Nowhere in this article did I say it was the most successful Class 1 car ever raced. Josh only raced it for four years.

Let's use some historical examples of an Iconic Rally Car. The Ford RS200 built for the group B rally. It only raced 1 season before group B was canceled. Not one driver, nor a single race proved what it was capable of, yet we have an ever seemingly lust over that car because of what it could have been and the drivetrain behind it.

My article is about how it helps shape what Class 1 is today. DId you read it?
Sorry for posting my thoughts I guess you are an expert of everything off road racing. I will not post again to not offend you.

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
Sorry for posting my thoughts I guess you are an expert of everything off road racing. I will not post again to not offend you.
That is what is great about Race Dezert we are a community that shares thoughts and ideas around offroad racing. Your thoughts are valid.

Not offended here. :) I love a good challenge.

I am not an expert, just figuring it out as I go.

But I do hope you enjoy the articles I am writing.

baja stu

RDC Crypto
That is what is great about Race Dezert we are a community that shares thoughts and ideas around offroad racing. Your thoughts are valid.

Not offended here. :) I love a good challenge.

I am not an expert, just figuring it out as I go.

But I do hope you enjoy the articles I am writing.
You do realize that every topic you choose to write always has you debating with some quite knowledgeable people here on RDC. The information is great, but the attitude of always being right gets old.

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
Macadu. Won 2 overalls against trucks. She bad!
I really dig Josh and Shelia but best all time is a tough call and very subjective to each persons opinions.
Totally agree Macadu Class 1 us baaaaaad, it is subjective. Maybe my title posing a question was too controversial. It is a tough call. But I am pumped we could even consider it.

Last edited:

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
You do realize that every topic you choose to write always has you debating with some quite knowledgeable people here on RDC. The information is great, but the attitude of always being right gets old.

100% Agree. I think the only other article I wrote that had people debating me was the Ultra TT. I try to have all my ducks in a row when I write these. I don't know everything but I do educate myself as best as I possibly can, especially when it comes to historical articles. I go directly to the source of the information and if I am not 100% sure on it I am not even going to mention it. Or say that it is inconclusive.

That being said, I do appreciate you thinking the information is great.

I am open to sparking dialog on these stories, after all, we are a community.

Last edited: