jon coleman

RDC Crypto
im gladd its still 8 into one🎶🎵🎼, the Parker crash, did they have hans?, that is top 3 heviest stuffs on video, i think i remember that section but only at 70-80 mph as bieng Frikkin squirrelly

Last edited:

mgobaja

RDC Crypto
im gladd its still 8 into one🎶🎵🎼, the Parker crash, did they have hans?, that is top 3 heviest stuffs on video, i think i remember that section but only at 70-80 mph as bieng Frikkin squirrelly
I was pitting at the Mineral wash pit for Josh and Chuck Hovey when that happened, Josh was the fastest car through on the radar gun. When he wrecked, the Herbst Helicopter was over head, and we also heard Josh's radio calls for help.

As Bro Gill mentions above, Hovey had several VERY successful seasons in single seat Jimcos. We collected a nice pay day at the Terribles Town 250 one year when Pro-Dirt was still in existence. Several class championships and LOTs of race wins. This was with a relatively small team, that had a budget much smaller than many of the teams we beat.

Chuck had a slow roll over in qualifying at Parker one year, I think we started back in 80th or something. He picked cars off every lap, we finished 2nd.

Another year, it rained all day, we bought several pairs of safety glasses and stocked the pits with them. for him to use once his shield was destroyed, single seat car once again, and another podium finish.

2005 - He won Parker even after an alternator swap was done in main.

would i consider those two Jimcos " iconic ", not really, would I consider them threats to other teams, ABSOLUTELY

ACME

RDC Crypto
If you have to explain and defend your point, then it's not. Thread seems to have gone Pylesq...

More "iconic"-winning c1s I don't believe were mentioned: Wilson's, Berri, 2-3 Mark McMillin cars, All German, Herder and a second for Hovey's

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
yup, then bitd moved it to dec, froze butt off, to be fair, the title of this thread IS a question after all, so good examples/answers are nice to read👍i for one like the single seat / CH Jimco, it wasn't the flashiest, Chuck would just go to work and get the job done, 👌

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
If you have to explain and defend your point, then it's not. Thread seems to have gone Pylesq...

More "iconic"-winning c1s I don't believe were mentioned: Wilson's, Berri, 2-3 Mark McMillin cars, All German, Herder and a second for Hovey's
The story is on Sheila. Hands down those are badass cars. Especially AGM. I would love to do a story on those cars.

But as I mentioned this is a car that helped set the standard on what a modern day class 1 is today. No doubt it isn’t the winningest car ever.

More importantly it has sparked conversation on Race Dezert and that is what it is all about.

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
yup, then bitd moved it to dec, froze butt off, to be fair, the title of this thread IS a question after all, so good examples/answers are nice to read👍i for one like the single seat / CH Jimco, it wasn't the flashiest, Chuck would just go to work and get the job done, 👌
That Jimco was one badass car!