ACME

RDC Crypto
But as I mentioned this is a car that helped set the standard on what a modern day class 1 is today.

More importantly it has sparked conversation on Race Dezert and that is what it is all about.
It's a great, competitive car; but it was not overly unique nor did it create any new "standards" other than possibly upping the HP game. Cars that set the standards to a modern day C1 would be early A Arm cars; Porsche to Scat to Northstar to V8 powered cars; bus box to Hewland to sequential to TQ trans cars, first A-Arm bulkhead cars buggy to truggy cars etc... 3.5-4" shocks, more HP and bigger is progression but not revolutionary.. Now a (the) new AWD if it sticks and becomes a standard in C1 would be an entirely new standard just as the new era AWD's seem to be setting a new standard.

I enjoy the stories and content you are creating, keep it up!

J BomBer

RDC Crypto
Aside from more HP what has changed in class 1 from the time that car was built until now? Not sure what it set the standard for.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
the only down side to all this progression is the hard working garage guy / gal is drifting farther&farther away from Ever racing in the top tier, back in the day you could be in the top tier out of your garage working construction, now ? fugetaboutit
FWIW Josh is a self made dude. Worked from the bottom up in the concrete business. Got a degree and grew his own concrete business and its done well for him.

He also only races for first place. Finishing is unexciting for him. He is also humble AF.

Few seem to realize that with Shelia and Miss Piggy the TTTT, the motors were always (or almost always) experimental. There is no denying that Danzio stuff is top notch and Chris is a wizard but Josh was the ultimate test driver. Old Shelia only worked right if it was going at 100%. You had to be on the edge and that's where Josh races. Shelia may have popped a few motors back in the day while they were trying to figure out the motor limits but thats to be expected. She was usually out front when it happened.

Miss Piggy had some new truck blues also but it was never the motor. It was the fact that that much power was difficult to transfer to the ground. The weak links were found and remedied one at a time and eventually it got all sorted out. Some people get flats. Miss Piggy broke tires.

I think we got the high score in TT for documented top speed in a race a few years back.

While there may not be a huge stack of trophies piled up from those racecars, the runs they had (before it blew up or got wadded) are some of the fastest anyone remembers.

Sorry if I sound like a bit of a fan boy but Shelia is my favorite class one and I am sad I wont be there when Josh shows us her new titties...

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Hard not the Love Sheila. Not sure what race it was, probably Rage. But that car went by me and I remember thinking whoa what was that. It sounded pretty crazy. Seemed as bad as any C1 I had ever seen.

Then we followed for as long as we could and watched it jump all over the place like every other class 1. Looked like a wild bull ride. Haha

It was bad a$$ and we loved watching it work.

Harleys C1 was pretty crazy as well.

Mike

ThatChevyGuy

RDC Crypto
Several reasons Sheila is a iconic Class 1 Buggy.
1. She’s a 1 off build. 2. One of the first to utilize a bulkhead front suspension. 3. 1st to have a custom built 700hp LS that revved to 8,000 rpm. 4. She utilized electronics that allowed the use of drive by wire, traction control, and no lift shifting. Technology that trickled into other classes, such as Class 10. 5. The wild paint jobs and her beautiful sound from the 8 into 1. 6. Every time Josh drove her, everyone was guaranteed one hell of a show.

ThatChevyGuy

RDC Crypto
Josh has won Battle at Primm, Rage at the River, Midnight Special (Overall). Laughlin Desert Challenge Laughlin leap, jumping 111 feet. The first class 1 in 2010 to win since 2002. And I believe a few other ones.
Josh swept the weekend in Sheila at RATR in 2012. 1st in qualifying. 1st overall. Who did he beat for the overall that weekend? Harley and his Alpha.

ThatChevyGuy

RDC Crypto
It's a great, competitive car; but it was not overly unique nor did it create any new "standards" other than possibly upping the HP game. Cars that set the standards to a modern day C1 would be early A Arm cars; Porsche to Scat to Northstar to V8 powered cars; bus box to Hewland to sequential to TQ trans cars, first A-Arm bulkhead cars buggy to truggy cars etc... 3.5-4" shocks, more HP and bigger is progression but not revolutionary.. Now a (the) new AWD if it sticks and becomes a standard in C1 would be an entirely new standard just as the new era AWD's seem to be setting a new standard.

I enjoy the stories and content you are creating, keep it up!
Sheila has a bulkhead front suspension. 3.5” in front and 4” in rear. Nobody was running a custom LS engine with DBW 12 years ago. Except for Shiela. Chris also helped Albins to develop their 5 speed to use a torque converter instead of a clutch assembly. Sheila has had that set up for over 12 years.

Last edited:

ThatChevyGuy

RDC Crypto
I think the driver is 75% of the speed of this car. This car is hands down the best sounding race car around ! Don't get me wrong its a badass car but the car is only as good as the driver.
Last owner wasn't 1/2 as fast as Josh
100% agree. Sheila would have never gained her status if Josh had never driven her.