ThatChevyGuy

RDC Crypto
Several reasons Sheila is a iconic Class 1 Buggy.
1. She’s a 1 off build. 2. One of the first to utilize a bulkhead front suspension. 3. 1st to have a custom built 700hp LS that revved to 8,000 rpm. 4. She utilized electronics that allowed the use of drive by wire, traction control, and no lift shifting. Technology that trickled into other classes, such as Class 10. 5. The wild paint jobs and her beautiful sound from the 8 into 1. 6. Every time Josh drove her, everyone was guaranteed one hell of a show.
Forgot to mention, she was also the first to run a torque converter with a 5 speed Albins

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Dang that’s a lot of innovation. I love seeing guys trying new things. Clearly many of these features became the standard. That to me makes it Iconic.

I may have missed this but is Sheila going to be racing soon? Who owns it? I have not seen it for awhile.

Mike

ThatChevyGuy

RDC Crypto
Dang that’s a lot of innovation. I love seeing guys trying new things. Clearly many of these features became the standard. That to me makes it Iconic.

I may have missed this but is Sheila going to be racing soon? Who owns it? I have not seen it for awhile.

Mike
Josh bought her back. Rumor has it she’ll be racing soon.

J Prich

RDC Crypto

Mike
Josh bought her back, sexed her up, and should have her out at BAP in a few weeks. RATR too I assume.

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto

Mike
Check out the story, it explains everything!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto

EThorpe24

RDC Crypto
There have been so many more class 1/2/ Unlimited cars that won more races and were fixtures at the front of the race. Start way back- The class 1 funco of Smith and Feldcamp. The Commander Chenowth of Ivan Stewart. Then we get into the Raceco/Chenowth/ORE years. Jack Johnson in the Tubular Specialties class 1 Bunderson, Tom Koch's Raceco, Larry Ragland's Chaparral, Bob Gordon's Chenowths, Bob Richie's Raceco, Cam Theriot's Funco Warrior, then we move towards Ivan's Toyota class 1, Herbst's Land Shark, Ebbert's Jimco, etc... Shiela's a bitchen car, no doubt, but it isn't iconic yet.
I would like to also add the McMillian Porter.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
overall , i believe cls one is maxxed out, how much further/ faster can it go in its current state?, 5" shocks?, 45" tires ,1500 hp?, me personally i cant wait for the next BiG game changing innovative car, 1,tt, whatever cls it is

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
like this?;

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 0

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
That’s SDG new set up for suspension. That’s about all they could do to make it better than what they have.

Mike

ACME

RDC Crypto
Eventually, there are going to have to be some controls on the damage being caused, or the sport will be cancelled by the non-participants.
We've been saying that for years and based on empirical data: No one seems willing to take a stand for the long term benefit of the sport, and inevitably that apathy will be terminal

Now back on track: A lighter, mid engine, V6 turbo, AWD in the right hands would be cool and seems a natural progression for this class

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
We've been saying that for years and based on empirical data: No one seems willing to take a stand for the long term benefit of the sport, and inevitably that apathy will be terminal

Now back on track: A lighter, mid engine, V6 turbo, AWD in the right hands would be cool and seems a natural progression for this class
We can see that with the success Proctor has with the Ridgeline. After all, it is just a Spec Truck Chassis with a stock Honda Driveline.

McCredie A

RDC Crypto

I think that is exactly what Rhy Millens (probably spelled that wrong) is doing.

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
i think if you can get a twin turbo, even a single, to make comparable power to weight ratio numbers to current v8 heavy weights, and get the fuel mileage advantage, awd v6 might become the hot ticket, stay out of the pits & watch the avg mph go UP!

J Prich

RDC Crypto
I feel kinda bad for Josh in all of this. He has already said on social media that he doesn't care and thinks it's cool, and I know the intent of this article wasn't really necessarily to create this kind of division...but it's a little bit of a bummer that in the end the convo here and online ended up being combative instead of celebratory.

Again I am confident Josh doesn't really care but the real story here is that this is a bad ass race car that has a fun history and it's own fan base. And that the car is back with it's rightful owner, who has upgraded it to make it even more nasty...and that in a few months we're ALL going to see it run again. All of this wiener measuring and semantics about what the word "iconic" means, etc is great but don't lose sight of the fact that Josh is a solid dude, drives the poop out of everything, and is going to be back behind the wheel of this bad ass machine real soon. Nothing to be argumentative or bitter about there IMO.

Last edited: