dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
it's a little bit of a bummer that in the end the convo here and online ended up being combative instead of celebratory.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but, these people who don't think it's the coolest class one ever are wrong. Maybe it's because they grew up under power lines or they got dropped on their head when they were babies? I feel sorry for them. Iconically sorry even.

SHELIA RULES!

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
YeSSSS...

Attachments

• chappelles-show-the-playa-haters-ball.gif
    chappelles-show-the-playa-haters-ball.gif
    342.2 KB · Views: 0

tapeworm

RDC Crypto
The great debate of the word “iconic” in off road racing…. Who would have thought a bunch of knuckle dragging booger eaters that enjoy playing in the dirt would be arguing about vocabulary and definitions

Is Sheila iconic? Absolutely. Let’s really think about the word iconic. It’s defined as “widely recognized and well established.” So is Sheila widely recognized? Absolutely. Is the car well established? Yes. Iconic doesn’t mean “successful,” but in today’s common culture we often times skew the true definition of a word into ambiguity to make us “feel good.”

Sheila is iconic. Anyone TFT has been around the racing scene knows the car, this qualifying it to be iconic. While it was trend setting, it wasn’t crazy progressive. It wasn’t the first nor the new standard for a large class 1 car. Danzig did use it as an R&D program for their motor building and tuning, but that doesn’t make the car progressive, just their motor program. The Baldi racing car is a progressive car, the first long travel coil over beam cars were progressive cars, the first a-arm jimco’s we’re progressive cars, Danny Porter and the first successful big bulkhead porter class 1 car was progressive. Their are many other progressive cars that pushed class 1 into a new set of standards, but thus far isn’t one of those. Harley’s TT destroyer isn’t a progressive car, but it’s certainly iconic AF. Just like Sheila.

It’s really cool to see this car getting back out there. Class 1 isn’t dead and the cars can still compete for an overall, there just isn’t as many companies pushing progression and R&D in class 1 as there is the unlimited truck class. It’s also easier to go faster in a truck than it is a class 1 car.

It appears from someone looking from the outside into the program, Josh Daniels enjoyed driving this car not because of the success he got from it or the competition he raced against, but because it literally took 100% focus and concentration to drive that car because like an F1 machine it doesn’t work unless it’s being run WFO. It was him beating the machine, not him beating other people, so that’s why I think this car was always special to him and the TTTT was just a race truck

buggyracer1677

RDC User
RDC Crypto
Sheila has a bulkhead front suspension. 3.5” in front and 4” in rear. Nobody was running a custom LS engine with DBW 12 years ago. Except for Shiela. Chris also helped Albins to develop their 5 speed to use a torque converter instead of a clutch assembly. Sheila has had that set up for over 12 years.
The LVDC Valley Performance cars were one of the first class 1 cars with the 5 speed Albins over 15 yes ago and have been torque converters for near 15

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
Big power and big brakes, with ultra quick paddle shift. Sheila was already fast corner to corner, now she is on a whole other level! We will see what Josh can pull off this weekend.

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
James Dean is putting the smackdown on Sheila currently. Sheila looked good at the start!
The 5mm bolts fell out of the air operated ram that shifts the trans, apparently the manufacturer doesnt believe in lock tight. They are fixing it now, she will be racing tomorrow.

ThatChevyGuy

RDC Crypto
The LVDC Valley Performance cars were one of the first class 1 cars with the 5 speed Albins over 15 yes ago and have been torque converters for near 15
I’m curious. Do you have proof to support this claim? Sheila has also had an Albins since she was new, back in 2007. From my understanding, Albins didn’t have a torque converter 5 speed until Sheila’s Albins was modified to run a TC. I prepped her during her glory days, so I know her well.