Shock Advice

Salvador

Reaction
Well Idont want to start a shock war, but I have some questions about shocks:
I want to run some 2" Swayaway shocks on my 4x4 Ranger, but I have read that this shocks are for tube chassis and not for trucks, but also have seeing that the Fox shocks and Bilstein's are 2" and with a 7/8" (Just like Swayawa's) but a lot more expensive that the normal (5/8" shaft).
With thios on my mind and only seeing the exact number of this shocks: the three of this have 2" bodies, 7/8" shaft's, and reservoirs.
My questions its wich brand do you think its better comparing also the price:
- Swayaway 2"s $200
- Fox's 2"s (7/8") $250+
- Bilstein's (7/8") $250+

Mexican PreRunner

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Website
www.highrevphoto.com
Are you staying under the bed? I have a set of Bilstein 7100's on the rear of my tacoma and overall have been pleased with them. They are a little stiff on pavement but ride nice once you get in the dirt. They are about $170 a piece at most places.

98 Tacoma Prerunner, Camburg Long Travel Kit, Deavers, 7100's, blah blah..

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Website
www.dmzfab.com
you can almost put any shock on any vehicle if it properly vaulved and srpung (if coilover). The only decision left anymore is brand. Ask around and get a few opinions of what setup works best. For my 2wd toyota I run 2"x 14mm Bilsteins in front and 2"x5/8 foxes in the rear (all used). Not for any reason other than they were what were availible at the time I had the money available. I am not building a race truck so they are fine for what I do. My opinion as ar as cost goes, get used.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Fab by travolta</font color=yellow>