Shock Advice

Salvador

Reaction
Well Idont want to start a shock war, but I have some questions about shocks:
I want to run some 2" Swayaway shocks on my 4x4 Ranger, but I have read that this shocks are for tube chassis and not for trucks, but also have seeing that the Fox shocks and Bilstein's are 2" and with a 7/8" (Just like Swayawa's) but a lot more expensive that the normal (5/8" shaft).
With thios on my mind and only seeing the exact number of this shocks: the three of this have 2" bodies, 7/8" shaft's, and reservoirs.
My questions its wich brand do you think its better comparing also the price:
- Swayaway 2"s $200
- Fox's 2"s (7/8") $250+
- Bilstein's (7/8") $250+

Mexican PreRunner

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Are you staying under the bed? I have a set of Bilstein 7100's on the rear of my tacoma and overall have been pleased with them. They are a little stiff on pavement but ride nice once you get in the dirt. They are about $170 a piece at most places.

98 Tacoma Prerunner, Camburg Long Travel Kit, Deavers, 7100's, blah blah..

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
you can almost put any shock on any vehicle if it properly vaulved and srpung (if coilover). The only decision left anymore is brand. Ask around and get a few opinions of what setup works best. For my 2wd toyota I run 2"x 14mm Bilsteins in front and 2"x5/8 foxes in the rear (all used). Not for any reason other than they were what were availible at the time I had the money available. I am not building a race truck so they are fine for what I do. My opinion as ar as cost goes, get used.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Fab by travolta</font color=yellow>