Shock Comparison

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I need some help. For a business sales plan for one of my classes, I am selling Bilstein shocks. I need to do a product comparison between Bilstein shocks and two others. I chose Monroe and Edlebrock to compare.

I need at least 20 different comparisons about what features seperates Bilstein from these two other shocks.

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you all with my homework......

I can only lead you to water, I cannot force you to drink it.

sirhk100

Reaction
Length availability,
Vehicle application (end types, loop, stud, bar-pin, etc)
Valving options (custom vs to vehicle vs one valving fits all)
color
cost
availability (distributors)
Lead time on getting product (can you just go into any shop and get them or are they custom order)

Is that the kinda stuff you're talking about?

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Yeah, things like that. I'm suppose to compare product features, so what ever is a feature of Bilstein is fair game.

Thanks for your help, I'm just running out of features.......

sirhk100

Reaction
Well, outta the bilstein catalogue next to my desk there's also stuff like...

piston size,
shaft size,
gas or oil,
monotube or twintube (is that right?)
Independantly tuned rebound and compression
hardened shaft,
does is come with shock boot,
manufacturers history and development program,
applications for lifted, stock, lowered, or all vehicles?

That's just broad catagories of what they 5100 section of Bilsteins catalogue was bragging about. You could also maybe include what other shock lines each company expands to. Exp... For Bilstein they have 4100, 5100, 6100, 7100, 9100, plus all their road racing shocks and passenger vehicle lines...

Khris

jeff

Reaction
Is this for the end user or for all involved in the supply/purchase cycle?

Name recognition. How long have they been around? Racing heritage. Spokespersons. Some people don't like Germans... Some people like German engineering. Some don't like Japanese products on an American car... Packaging. What kind of box is it in? How about a national sales campaign? Does Bilstein advertise? Quality of product. Cost. Colors. Customer satisfaction. Is it safe? Will it help maintain control in an emergency situation? Are the dealers that sell the product knowledgable? Is the bushing in one better than the other? Better welds? Better materials? Is the shock boot less likely to tear. Will the Nickel finish rust? (yes, in salty environs the H5's turn to crap, ask me how I know).

Is the powder coat or paint better? Does one have more sex appeal? Any product that increases your chance of getting action from whoever floats your boat is a product with an advantage. My guess is a SuperDuty with Bilsteins will get more "play" than a SD with Monroe Sensa-Tracs.

On and on and on... Use your noggin and you'll have 20 in no time.

Aloha

curt

Reaction
Lead time info should definately be in the comparison, in a real world business plan this would affect the inventory turns your company could get out of a more readily available product which would in turn directly affect your bottom line...Curt

VORRA Class 7

sirhk100

Reaction
Seeing as how we buy TONS of bilstein 5100, I'd say their lead time sucks... But that's just for buying quantity, couldn't tell you about stocking a shelf in a store with them...

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I already had twenty five, I needed twenty more!!

Thanks for all your help guys, I finished it now.