• Forum membership has its advantages....

Shock compression clicker valving

GrMeyer

So before I added the fox clicker setup to my remotes, my hard hits in my rail would be soaked up. I find that the ride/valving was almost dead on for my likings before I added the clickers.
My question is the clickers go from 1-8. I have yet had the time to pull them apart and check the shim stack in them. But the 1-8 almost seems like it only changes the low to mid and not my High speed hits.
I added the clickers so I could adj on the fly for when it is just me or when I add 2-3 more people in the car plus sand condition.
Any input would help on this.

GrMeyer

The stack is a pyramid stack if I remember correctly. Do I just treat it like the rest of the valving in the shock? But I'm really wanting my High speed dampening back for those harder hits in the sand.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Lighten up the shock valving, use the CD adjuster for all of your changes (more people etc.) ?

cosmo

Super Moderator
Are you going to a bigger engine/combo? More weight? Is this a single shock app. ?

GrMeyer

The engine will be about 60lbs more and the trans prob going to be around 100lbs more. The car is setup with single shock all around and bump stops on the back. The rear's are 2.5 fox the fronts are 2.0 fox. I have yet to get the shocks warm enough that I can't touch them.

The fronts is what I was asking about on the clicker valving. It just seemed like 1-8 was not as progressive as I wanted. Didn't feel much of a difference.

The car right now sits with no engine or trans. I haven't had time to pull the shocks off. Just been really busy with work and a new born.

Can I up the shim stack in the clicker to make it more progressive?

cosmo

Super Moderator
I would work on the shock's valving, spring, and setting the cross overs right.