Shock fill question

SJ073

Hey all,

I have 2.0 - 3.5 Fox coil over RR, non RR, and bypass shocks. After rebuilding the shocks I filled each one to 200 psi at full droop. So when the car goes down on the ground the pressure I put it at full droop now spikes up 30-40 psi (makes sense as we are compressing the shocks by putting the weight of the car back on the ground. So the question is - if you are trying to achieve 200 psi in the shocks, do you fill to 200 psi at full droop or fill to 200 psi with the car on the ground? just looking for the correct way to do this, thanks for helping a rebuild noob out! :D

619offroad

I have always been told that 200 psi in the shock at full droop is the way. I have known of people playing with these pressures but not sure about it. Some friends at Fox always said that's how they do it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Pressure increase is relative to shaft diameter and nitrogen volume. Once you know what the pressure is at ride height...save the effort of putting the thing to droop and just bump up your regulator to those known pressures. The more nitrogen volume the better for consistency through stroke and temp range. With increased pressure comes increased seal drag and increased rod force which wreak havoc on lighter cars.

SJ073

Thanks for the responses. Agreed, the shock with the bigger shaft goes up in pressure more than the ones with smaller shafts.