Shock Hoop Mounting

K5Blazer

I'm in the process of mounting my new to me SAW's in the front of my K5, but the hoop on the driver's side is giving me some problems. The steering seems to be in the way of the mounting location. I'm not sure how to mount it while keeping it strong, the less leverage the hoops on have on the frame the better. I took some pictures on what I have to work with, can take some more if I need to.Thanks in advance.

whats the problem????? youve got tons of room to mount all kinds of shocks. i take it your keeping the leaf springs, and not making hoops for coilovers. if thats the case you have a bunch of options for the hoop design. question.........is the steering column in the way of where you want the shock itself to be or is it in the way of where you want to run the hoop???? i allways like to use bungs off the side of the frame rail to run my hoops to, but you have room on top of the frame also. if the column is in the way of the shock, you can allways re-route the column with some small u-joints around the shock mount.

SpeedMetal

I had to deal with the same thing on my 72 Blazer. I'll post a pic tomorrow. I just went around (underneath) the steering to the side of the frame. It's held up of a couple years now.

SpeedMetal

I just found this....It's pretty low res, but you should get the idea. It's on my brother's truck. We also welded a 4" square plate to the frame where the hoop connects to it.