Shock problem

In_the_works

Reaction
I just bought some secondhand 2.5 Kings for my f1. i haven't had a chance to use them yet because I haven't gotten my coilbuckets, but in just cycling them, one seems to want to freeze up at whatever part of the stroke it is at. It will still travel from full extension to full compress, but it takes a lot more coaxing than the other. They are both uncharged at the moment. Is this something I should worry about? Should I get it rebuilt before putting it on my truck?

orvacian

Reaction
You shouldn't pull the shaft out on an assembled King shock with no pressure because it can suck some oil past one of the internal seals and when you pressurize it again the oil that is trapped between the seals will push directly on the shaft and inhibit its movement (or at least thats how I remembered the explanation). Just use a little shop air to extend the shock and let the air out before you fill it with nitrogen. Pete taught me this after I did it on my own shocks and had some problems.

In_the_works

Reaction
Where's a good place to get them rebuilt/revalved? I'm in vista, so somewhere local would be nice. What's the normal price to get it done?

singlehanded

Reaction
Kreg Donahoe is the man at valving them if you ever in the o.c. area.

blind655

Reaction
Also try Newline.. Nestor did a really good job on my kings

Project1500

Reaction
Donahoe Racing is off of White Star in Anaheim. Its off the 91 by the 55 interchange.