shock rebuilders in San diego/shock question

F1shifty

anybody know of any good shops? the resi on my kings started leaking after sitting in my driveway for 4 months. ??? is this normal if the seals arent cycled or something?? not that familiar with shock stuff
anyways i was trying to avoid paying the shipping to king. any ideas what i can expect to pay for putting seals in a resi?? and now that ones leaking do i do both? and since theyre already that much apart should i have them tear down the whole thing?
im pretty well mechanically inclined is this something i could try doing myself?
thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
unless its the nitrogen side...the shock has to come apart to replace the seal and bleed the shock. If the truck just sits...pull the shocks apart yourself and order orings from mcmaster car or hit up a local oring supply shop. You can seal all 4 shocks for under 10bucks if the oil is new and reusable rather than pay 30-40 per seal kit. If they are new I would just replace the one oring.

Random Thoughts Racing

-Mirage likely has the parts in stock, or try Simon as posted above.
-Leaking shouldnt be normal, did the nitrogen leak out or oil?
-I would do both and do them completely. Since you want to save a few bucks it can be done yourself. Get a 6 pack and invite someone thats done it before over to assist you.

anybody know of any good shops? the resi on my kings started leaking after sitting in my driveway for 4 months. ??? is this normal if the seals arent cycled or something?? not that familiar with shock stuff
anyways i was trying to avoid paying the shipping to king. any ideas what i can expect to pay for putting seals in a resi?? and now that ones leaking do i do both? and since theyre already that much apart should i have them tear down the whole thing?
im pretty well mechanically inclined is this something i could try doing myself?
thanks and sorry for all the questions.

punchdrunk monkey

Mirage Racing in Santee. 619-562-5533
10928-B Wheatlands Ave.

Tipracer

X3 for simon..also try Roberto Romo...his brother does a pretty good job.

C. Bucher

Try Racer Services in El Cajon, (619)579-0706.

baja619

Simon was just over at our shop working on a set of Fox MEGA SHOXs. We had them off the truck swapped out coils and back on the truck in no time. Thanks FOX SHOXs and SHOCK PROS

1450Toyota

ShockPros all the way! Simon is a cool guy and does great work for a good price!!! Just picked up my shocks from him tonight...

mpower

set of Fox MEGA SHOXs
what are fox mega shocks ? i havent found anything on them ?