Shock Troubleshooting help

Goatpoker

Reaction
New one for me. 2.5 bypasses, same nitrogen pressure, same valving... one is really easy to move and self extends quickly. I have replaced all the seals and it still does it. Haven’t replaced the wear band... any other ideas?

The firm one wont even extend on it’s own.

The fast one felt like it blew out last trip. The oil was foamy. I replaced all the seals and it still feels spongy.

Attachments

• D6A381A3-BF09-483E-9A89-15FAACAC703F.jpeg
    D6A381A3-BF09-483E-9A89-15FAACAC703F.jpeg
    634.4 KB · Views: 121

jon coleman

Reaction
stuck check v? try closing/ check stroke speed, then open by passes see if its same.then .closely inspect shim stack piston.im not a shok tech.i know just enough to get in trouble.good luck

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Are you sure you have enough oil in it so the IFP isn't bottoming out in the resi?

Speaking of resi's, what's up with the funky hose and small resi's?

Goatpoker

Reaction
Are you sure you have enough oil in it so the IFP isn't bottoming out in the resi?

Speaking of resi's, what's up with the funky hose and small resi's?

When I have paddles on they hit the resi’s so I put a spacer on them. Old shocks = baby reservoirs

So do you think the slow shock is wrong and the fast shock is normal?

jon coleman

Reaction
my buddy says probably dividing piston problem on locked up slow shock.piston bottom out.especially if resovior is small for stroke.

Goatpoker

Reaction
Thanks for the inputs. I rebuilt the ‘slow’ one this am and not it moves like the ‘fast’ shock. All i did was replace the floating piston seal & the check valve seals. Didn’t find a smoking gun... i hate it when that happens,