• Forum membership has its advantages....

shocks not fitting down into trailing arms

TaylorAnderson31

I am doing a small suspension update on the Jackson Motorsports Gen10 F150 prerunner I picked up a while ago.

I just got my new bilstein rear coil overs and bypasses. found that i need extended rod ends on both to fit into the new Camburg trailing arms. According to Bilstein they do not carry them anymore.

Is it safe to use a spring cup spacer of some sort? If I can space the spring cup 1" up it will clear.

As far as the bypass, (pic shows it laying on the arm before full bump) not sure what to do there, I need about 1.5" additional spacing there. Thread is a 12 x 1.0.

is there a place that specializes in this stuff?

ideas anyone?

Attachments

partybarge_pilot

In the first pick it looks like the can is hitting the arm before the bump is fully compressed. An extended rod end will not help that.

TaylorAnderson31

i was planning on remounting bumps. good eye PB..

if i go with a shorter shock I lose travel. i got problems.

osidepunker

yeah it doesn't look like it was cycled properly. Just redo those upper mounts like party guy said

TaylorAnderson31

seems right. moving the upper mounts 1.5", which i have room for will create the clearance for the bumps, bypasses and coilovers. Then I will just need a spring cup spacer(about 1.5")
seems the only way to not rob any travel.
Redo the upper mounts and keep the uptravel.

Or make them weld-tops and 2" shorter.

I think I found out why the old arms were slightly bent.

RanchoPacific Motorsports

Check the what the threads are on the shafts maybe fox or king extended rod ends will work on the Bilstein shafts.
I agree with the other guys move the upper mounts.

Zambo

Make one out of steel by welding a uniball cup to a piece of threaded tube. Or I’ve even seen uniball cups welded right to the shaft.

TaylorAnderson31

Check the what the threads are on the shafts maybe fox or king extended rod ends will work on the Bilstein shafts.
I agree with the other guys move the upper mounts.
dealing with strange metrics here, m32 x 1 and m22 i think.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Bilstein used to have the 9300 series eyelets, parts ( if I remember). The shaft would thread onto a short 'adapter' piece. Then that would thread onto the eyelet. Have some 'adapter's machined then use an eyelet, what ever length you need?