• Forum membership has its advantages....

Shoemaker Productions

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Does anyone know if Shoemaker Productions is still in business? I tried to call them and send them a fax but their numbers are disconnected. There web site is still up???

Eric

DougM

They probably read here all the crap we were giving them and pulled the phones off the hook. :)

rdc

I wanted to order a video from them. Does anyone have any ideas?

scott

Shoemaker is the worst, on covering races lately, Starting from the Baja 2000 to present day. They stand by every road crossing, or somewhere that is road accessable, by the course and cover the race there. No more aerial footage, or someplace out in the sticks with some technical sections. The best bet is to take your own camera and cover it yourself like I do !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy8

I think coverage on TV that may not be the greatest is better than no coverage at all. At least it is on TV and some people outside of the off road community get to view it. I was also thinking. the x games now have motorcycle jumping and stuff like that. I think it would be awesome if they had a thing like the Laughlin leap at the X Games for off road trucks, and they could televise the Laughlin Leap and use it as a qualifier, for the big show at the x games. Just a thought.

JenDiggityDirt

Jimmy...Truck jumping at the X-Games would be so cool! What a great idea! Let's present the idea to them! I can supply some good jumping pictures that might spark their interest.....

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

JenDiggityDirt

Oh yeah, I forgot to say: I think it sucks that people rag on Shoemaker. I mean, at least they're making an attempt. I may be overly sensitive, but if someone talked smack about my efforts as often as I've heard people hear talk smack about Shoemaker I'd probably stop even trying. Well, maybe not, but still....give 'em a break.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

rdc

uh break......? For the money they are making off of their coverage they should put out, oh..... about a 100% better product. Lets not think they are doing this for free folks. I am surprised that Speedvision will even air the races sometimes. The revenue generated must make it worth it. I don't want to sound all negative about this whole thing but lets face it........... the coverage is bad. Scott's vid's of the races are better and he can't even hold his new camera still long enough to get a good shot of Lennies bolt-on's!

<font color=red>Used Car Salesman<font color=red>

Gabe Lara

jajaja! Shaun said "bolt-ons"........!
Too funny....we all know where Shoemaker lies as far as shot selection.....Its their job, but its our PASSION....Think about it this way, we know where to go AND what we want to see, so as spectators/ enthusiasts, we will always go to the better sections of the race courses.

scott

Like I said before, strap a Shoemaker Camera on my back, I'll do it for Free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whit_Courtenay

Yes, Shoemaker Productions is still in business. Their phone number has changed though. Their new number is (949) 361-9681.

As for the quality of there coverage, I would have to agree that it is not what it could be. The Baja 2000 was embarrassing. However, in their defense, it all comes down to $$$$ and the lack of it. Shoemaker Productions has to buy the time on Speedvision and then pay for it with advertisements or promotional fees.

Unfortunately everyone (ie race promoters) have their hands out instead of their pocket books. I am not trying to blame anyone. It is a problem in our sport. Not enough $$$$ because there are not enough spectators/fans (potential buying customers) for advertisers or promoters to get a return on their investment.

Whit Courtenay - MarCourt Racing

rdc

I want to reply to Whit's comments so bad.......but that would be a whole new can of worms so I will just say DITTO.

<font color=red>Used Car Salesman<font color=red>

I heard that Herbst Racing is dropping the Shoemaker in-car camera (for nex yr, I believe). If so, that's not a good sign, since that means less revenue for Shoemaker. As has been pointed out before, the sport has a component of a few wealthy entrepeneurs (Herbst, Baldwin, et al)...they are good for the sport. They inject $$ into the industry. Without them, I would cringe at the thought of what offroad racing would be.

I did a quick survey a few weeks back. Is it true that the economy is really impacting many of the offroad racing fab shops, racers, etc? I just heard that Excite!.com just went down in stock by 46%, & they are in serious trouble. Don't they sponsor a pro-truck? This ain't good news.

Did I hear (hopefully a rumor) that Chenowth is getting out of racing?

"Go for the Gusto, Go for the Overall"
-- Robby Gordon, SCORE off-road champion