Shop owners bar up your windows

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Our shop was broken into this week. They broke the front door-window but it has bars so they could not get in. So they broke my office window "no bars". They got in but the alarm went off and they ran. They did not get anything but we are just really lucky. The police sub station is 1/4 mi from our shop, the cop who was there told me he was there in 30 seconds after the call. The only advice I could give is if you have a shop bar up your windows. Our widow bars are held on by 3/8" red heads in concrete.

Jack

Reaction
T&J's got a window smashed in Monday, and they got some Cherokee fenders and a bumper. The fenders are glass and will take alot of work to mount (old design) so they are most likely usless, but if anybody brings some Cherokee fenders in for glass work give Mke a call at 714-633-0991

thanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Some people go as far as to bring a forklift to raise the bay doors!!! Happened to a buddies personal shop and he lost a whole Snap On roll away.So reinforce those bad boys too.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Donahoe

Reaction
I just put a new system in my shop ... When you walk in the front door if you dont put in the right alarm code in 12 second the whole frickin Building Blows up. I pick up the system at a Taliban Garage sale. All kidding aside. I have no tolarance for theafs. Its a same we have to Make our shops Like fort Knox. Sorry to hear that Jerry.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

scott

Reaction
I'm glad to hear nothing was taken from your shop Jerry. You think with all the fabrication tools that shops have, the easiest fabrication is bars on the windows.

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: Our shop was broken into this week.

Jerry,
Glad to hear they didn't get anything of value. Like I always tell people, you can never have enough insurance coverage just in case. I too thought about bars on the doors and windows for my shop but I just don't want the place to look like a prison. I have a really good monitored alarm system and a healthy insurance package so I'm not real concerned about it. After all, if they want it bad enough, their gonna steal it no matter what you do.

Since this has just occured you might take an opportunity and review your coverages with your insurance agent. We did this about a month ago and discovered I was under insured as to the value of the contents in the building. S**t just kind of creeps up on you if ya know what I mean.

Just a thought......

Best,
Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Jack

Reaction
You may have ggod insurance, but it dosn't cover your customers does it? It seems that all work order say that they are not responcable for what may happen to your truck while it is in the shop. I like to go to a place that is secure maybe has gates and dogs for night protection.

Dave_G

Reaction
Re:"You may have ggod insurance, but it dosn't cover your customers does it?"

Jack,
Yes, as a matter of fact it does. In my commercial policy it is termed as "Property of Another." I have changed that amount of coverage several times in the past when I've had an expensive customers project in the shop. If your shop burns down and your customers property is destroyed you need that coverage to protect yourself from financial liability. Same goes for theft. It's just plain foolish to not have it when dealing with others property.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."