havahockey

Flipper
With everything going on in the world right now for the first time you feel incredibly grateful to be able to attend an offroad race. Always taken for granted is just how much racing we have between short course, desert racing, rock crawling and everything else in the dirt. Events since March have been getting canceled or rescheduled including Championship Off-Road’s first race in Crandon scheduled for mid June.

The stars aligned and the next race out in Elk River, MN at the ERX Motorpark went on as scheduled, though word around the track was that up till 10 days before they weren’t sure the weekend would go on. As of the writing of this story COR announced that their...
Continue reading...

sb4pro

It was an awesome weekend it felt sooooooo good to forget about the crap going on and actually have a fun time with my off-road family .

sb4pro

This needs to be seen by all off-road promotions and track owners . This should be the blueprint as to how to work with the community and governments to work together . Erx did an amazing job the whole weekend
Safety, Speed & Success Highlight the ERX Off-Road National Weekend
Detailed Planning and a Safety-First Approach Allowed ERX Motor Park to Successfully Host the First Off-Road National Race in the Country in Front of Fans – And Everyone Left Smiling
Elk River, Minn. July 15, 2020 – Success can come in many forms, but for the staff at ERX Motor Park, the very opening of the gates to the 500-acre motorsports facility in Elk River for live national off-road racing seemed reason enough to celebrate. Executing a flawless race weekend for the national Championship Off-Road series with racer and fan participation up over 20% from last summer’s high-water mark proved to be the icing on the cake.

With uncertainty being the new normal for many large events, the ERX staff was determined early on to find a way to host the 5th annual National Off-Road event and in the process do everything possible to ensure everyone’s safety. With a robust plan that was reviewed and applauded by city, county and state officials, the July 10-11 race didn’t just happen, it was embraced by fans and racers alike who were clearly ready to get back to action.

“I’m not sure we’ve ever worked with a race venue partner that was more prepared or more accommodating than the staff at ERX,” said Champ Off-Road Director of Operations Carl Schubitzke. “Safety for the fans, racers and our staff always came first.”

The race weekend could also have not gone better for last year’s Lucas Oil Off-Road racing series champion, Kyle LeDuc, who notched back-to-back wins in PRO 4. LeDuc had every aspect of his game dialed in with the fastest speed in practice, qualifying and the finals. In PRO 2, two of the top drivers split the podium wins with Keegan Kincaid taking the win on Friday and Kyle Kleiman taking over top box honors on Saturday. Following in LeDuc’s sweeping footsteps, CJ Greaves swept the hotly contested Pro Mod SxS ranks. And in the packed Pro Stock SxS field, it was CJ Greaves again gaining the top stop on Friday after initial winner Jeremy Houle was knocked off due to a failed post-race tech inspection. Saturday, Robert Loire gave Polaris the win with a run filled with speed.

“It was an incredible weekend,” said ERX Business Manager Heidi Goodin. “This was a team effort that was months in the making. To host an event like this amid everything that is going on was amazing. To do it with the level of safety and satisfied fans we had makes it even more enjoyable.”

Beyond giving the racing community something to celebrate, ERX Motor Park is also donating a portion of the ticket proceeds from the weekend to Support the Cities a community effort to help restore the Lake Street businesses and surrounding areas in Minneapolis damaged during the recent unrest that captivated the nation. To learn more about the rebuilding effort and to donate, visit supporthecities.com.

You can relive every action-packed lap of the national weekend at ERX with livestream on-demand replays and complete results for all classes at champoffroad.com. ERX would like to give special thanks to Yokohama, Cub Foods, City of Elk River, Dahlheimer, Fox Shocks, FXR, Lano Equipment - Anoka, Kenda Tires, McCarthy Auto World, Triple L Construction, Minnesota Army National Guard, Viking Coke, Nelson Sanitation and Rental, Beaudry Oil, Northface Construction, Polaris, Power Lodge, Millerbernd Manufacturing, Woodies Towing and Transportation and Ziegler Cat for making the event possible.

With a proven safety-plan in place, ERX Motor Park is now looking ahead to host other socially-distanced events this summer at the 500-acre facility located on the outskirts of Elk River, Minnesota. Visit erxmotorpark.com to find information on upcoming events including an Extreme 5K, Monster Trucks, the live music Livin’ Festival and Day of the Dozer. Fans are also encouraged to contact ERX at [email protected] with safety-related questions.

acers

This needs to be seen by all off-road promotions and track owners . This should be the blueprint as to how to work with the community and governments to work together . Erx did an amazing job the whole weekend
Safety, Speed & Success Highlight the ERX Off-Road National Weekend
Detailed Planning and a Safety-First Approach Allowed ERX Motor Park to Successfully Host the First Off-Road National Race in the Country in Front of Fans – And Everyone Left Smiling
Elk River, Minn. July 15, 2020 – Success can come in many forms, but for the staff at ERX Motor Park, the very opening of the gates to the 500-acre motorsports facility in Elk River for live national off-road racing seemed reason enough to celebrate. Executing a flawless race weekend for the national Championship Off-Road series with racer and fan participation up over 20% from last summer’s high-water mark proved to be the icing on the cake.

With uncertainty being the new normal for many large events, the ERX staff was determined early on to find a way to host the 5th annual National Off-Road event and in the process do everything possible to ensure everyone’s safety. With a robust plan that was reviewed and applauded by city, county and state officials, the July 10-11 race didn’t just happen, it was embraced by fans and racers alike who were clearly ready to get back to action.

“I’m not sure we’ve ever worked with a race venue partner that was more prepared or more accommodating than the staff at ERX,” said Champ Off-Road Director of Operations Carl Schubitzke. “Safety for the fans, racers and our staff always came first.”

The race weekend could also have not gone better for last year’s Lucas Oil Off-Road racing series champion, Kyle LeDuc, who notched back-to-back wins in PRO 4. LeDuc had every aspect of his game dialed in with the fastest speed in practice, qualifying and the finals. In PRO 2, two of the top drivers split the podium wins with Keegan Kincaid taking the win on Friday and Kyle Kleiman taking over top box honors on Saturday. Following in LeDuc’s sweeping footsteps, CJ Greaves swept the hotly contested Pro Mod SxS ranks. And in the packed Pro Stock SxS field, it was CJ Greaves again gaining the top stop on Friday after initial winner Jeremy Houle was knocked off due to a failed post-race tech inspection. Saturday, Robert Loire gave Polaris the win with a run filled with speed.

“It was an incredible weekend,” said ERX Business Manager Heidi Goodin. “This was a team effort that was months in the making. To host an event like this amid everything that is going on was amazing. To do it with the level of safety and satisfied fans we had makes it even more enjoyable.”

Beyond giving the racing community something to celebrate, ERX Motor Park is also donating a portion of the ticket proceeds from the weekend to Support the Cities a community effort to help restore the Lake Street businesses and surrounding areas in Minneapolis damaged during the recent unrest that captivated the nation. To learn more about the rebuilding effort and to donate, visit supporthecities.com.

You can relive every action-packed lap of the national weekend at ERX with livestream on-demand replays and complete results for all classes at champoffroad.com. ERX would like to give special thanks to Yokohama, Cub Foods, City of Elk River, Dahlheimer, Fox Shocks, FXR, Lano Equipment - Anoka, Kenda Tires, McCarthy Auto World, Triple L Construction, Minnesota Army National Guard, Viking Coke, Nelson Sanitation and Rental, Beaudry Oil, Northface Construction, Polaris, Power Lodge, Millerbernd Manufacturing, Woodies Towing and Transportation and Ziegler Cat for making the event possible.

With a proven safety-plan in place, ERX Motor Park is now looking ahead to host other socially-distanced events this summer at the 500-acre facility located on the outskirts of Elk River, Minnesota. Visit erxmotorpark.com to find information on upcoming events including an Extreme 5K, Monster Trucks, the live music Livin’ Festival and Day of the Dozer. Fans are also encouraged to contact ERX at [email protected] with safety-related questions.

So do you prefer Crandon or ERX ? I am hoping to check ERX out next year

sb4pro

Crandon is the best but ERX is a very close second . Also keep in mind though Crandon has been around 50 years and ERX only 5 .

stephenrjking

I think the track at ERX is more fun to watch though its hard to see the whole course since there are some elevation changes. You go to Crandon for the experience and turn one.
They're both very good. You can't see the whole track from any normal fan vantage point in either. ERX is slightly shorter, so more laps, and the out-and-back that is out of view from the main hill is shorter and easier to follow than the longer out-and-back at Crandon. The extra section ERX added last year was a tremendous and needed addition.

Crandon has more people, more vendors, more stuff. ERX is still good. It has more history, and while ERX has some nice track features (the split lane has matured into a genuine wild card and the fallaway-into-chicane is spectacular) Crandon's land rush and turn one are better.

I don't know that ranking them is really my thing. Crandon would be the pick, but... why pick between kids? Here's my ranking: They're both better than stock car ovals.

stephenrjking

As an aside, I'm planning to go to Lena Saturday, but I'm a bit nervous that the place won't be well-equipped for crowds. They got 10k last year for their sportsman weekend (which is great!) but there's not much room on that hill.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

afortune46

I was at lena a few weeks ago for the sxs sports race, and we were all wondering how lena would be handling all of the pro rigs, then sportsman in the area they have for parking not to mention spectators.

I hope they did something about the rocks or someones going to end up dead from one getting tossed into orbit by a pro 4.

racefan2041

I was at lena a few weeks ago for the sxs sports race, and we were all wondering how lena would be handling all of the pro rigs, then sportsman in the area they have for parking not to mention spectators.

I hope they did something about the rocks or someones going to end up dead from one getting tossed into orbit by a pro 4.

Wear a helmet....😀

All kidding aside that should be a concern. I wasn't there for the sxs race so I'm not sure how big these rocks are. But having been around pro 2's and pro 4's for 27yrs they can throw around some rather large rocks.

havahockey

Flipper

I know that is a concern for the series for the Pro classes especially the Pro 4's so sounds like they should be doing something like putting up wood banners or something to help.

stephenrjking

I know that is a concern for the series for the Pro classes especially the Pro 4's so sounds like they should be doing something like putting up wood banners or something to help.
Is the dirt there unusually rocky? I've been hit by small stuff at Crandon before, and Lena has that hotpit lane between the spectator hill and the start/finish straight. Is it worse than other tracks?

DynoGuy

They better as that date is only 3 weeks away. I wonder if Crandon will suffer the same fate as BR, isn't most of their members fairly older as well?

stephenrjking

They better as that date is only 3 weeks away. I wonder if Crandon will suffer the same fate as BR, isn't most of their members fairly older as well?
I think Bark River was specifically an issue with state regulations, wasn't it? Wisconsin's regulations were struck down in court and that basically remains the status quo.

I have absolutely nothing to base this on but I'm just going to guess that COR would like to put the BR date at ERX but is dealing with a more complex permitting process (remember, the original ERX date was far from a sure thing) and is keeping Antigo as a back-pocket alternative. I would think that they'd have to have this announced by this weekend, and perhaps they're waiting for everyone to be in the same place to do some last minute "can we pull this off" checks with competitors.

For proximity and other reasons I'd prefer ERX, but Wisconsin's wild west status makes events there a lot easier to execute within the regulatory framework.