Short Course racing at Cajon Speedway

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Taken from today's SD Union Tribune:

January 30, 2003

Off-road event at Cajon

Cajon Speedway will host short-track off-road racing this weekend.

The event is being promoted by Snowbird Off-Road Racing, which has also scheduled two other off-road races for the Cajon Speedway infield on March 1-2 and March 22-23.

"We've trucked in around 2,500 yards of dirt to build the track," said Pacific Beach's Matt Carter, who is part of the promotional team as well as a favorite in the truck division.

There will be two 12-lap to 15-lap races in each division per day. Practice starts Saturday at 9 a.m. with racing to begin shortly after 1:30 p.m. and extend into the hours of darkness. Sunday's racing will begin at 10 a.m. and conclude at sunset.

The featured classes will be open, 1600cc and 1800cc buggies, Baja Bugs and six classes of trucks. Carter believes the course will measure more than a half-mile.

"We're expecting more than 100 vehicles," said Carter, who has won races on a short-track circuit that includes stops at Estero Beach (Baja California), Lake Havasu and Phoenix.

Admission is $12. Children under 6 are free

billymanfroy

Reaction
Sounds really fun. I already sent in my money, but then I blew up my engine last weekend. Maybe in March...

Billy

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Does any one have the address for the cajon speedway or possibly directions? or a link to the speedway so i can get the directions?

thanks,
Gregg

J_Dog

Reaction
Gregg,
Here is their site. Its on an earlier post "Short course racing in San Diego" on 01/14/03 by "jdfab"

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.snowbirdracing.com/>http://www.snowbirdracing.com/</A>

Jeff Matlock
CODE 3 Motorsports
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

RacnCPA

Reaction
OK, there hasn't been a single post on the SORR Short Course races this past weekend in El Cajon. What is up with that? Anyone have any information? Thanks.

Sc

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
not worth the drive. Greg and jens thing is way better the course was in the middle of the i guess 1/4 mile oval and it wa 4 straight with 3 tight 180a and a long sweeping 180 i spent 30 bucks to get in and go into the "pits" what a rip only cool things there were renezeders pro 2 and pro 4 anf kyle leducs prolight other wise it blew/ but i did only go on sunday. greg and jen said it was better sat. and we only stayed for like 2 hours because there wasnt much happening.

Gregg

heavy8

Reaction
I went staturday night and it was good to go for a first time event, Its not somthing you drive hours to see but if you live in SD its worth it. Just seeing a pro 4 truck rip the track up was worth it for me. To me the short course mini's were the best race sat night with 7 trucks and a good race between kyle leduc and second place to him. Also got a kick watching McNeil jump off the dirt onto the oval then 3 wheel it around the ovel track. (he got kicked out after that but the fans loved it)

RacnCPA

Reaction
So I take it the Ford sponsored (LMAO) Cannon brothers did not far well in Class 7s? I was supposed to cover that event, but Dusty Times sent me to MDR, as I usually do that series. Thanks for the info, I guess I'll contact SORR to get results. Too bad, they wanted to get something going in between the Estero races.

Sc