short videos nasser stage 2, think he got the hang of it ?

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction

can anybody translate what the camera guy says in video #2 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yumaoffroad

Reaction
vid 2 dude said "hijo de puta " = the famous "A LA VERGAA GUEEY" you hear in mexico when RG is coming check it out its every homemade video on youtube
from the baja 500 donuts every angle every video al vaargea!

mattb

Reaction
Is it me, or is it just a little amazing to see people actually staying a safe distance back from the race course?

Yumaoffroad

Reaction
Is it me, or is it just a little amazing to see people actually staying a safe distance back from the race course?
if that would of been in sanfelipe beach there would trucks parked along the beach blasting radio and drinking beer almost touching the humer trying to get a suspension travel shot

randy s

Reaction
great video....thx for posting. Nasser is just plain fast.
no question about him being fast. i wonder how good of wrenches he and lucas are if they need to be. they couldn't possibly know the intricacies of the car lke rg does and that might come into play later on big time if it's on the line.

randy s

Reaction
at some point in the rally if it's obvious that these two guys are both going for the win, which at this point isn't entirely impossible, neither one is gonna stop unless they have a head on collision with an alp.

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Reaction
This is perfect right now. JC needs all the seat time he can get. 5 more days of rg finishing in the top 5 with nassar and Lucus guiding the way with rg running parts and knowledge is just fine.

RGFan

Reaction
at some point in the rally if it's obvious that these two guys are both going for the win, which at this point isn't entirely impossible, neither one is gonna stop unless they have a head on collision with an alp.

I was thinking the same thing.....Look, I may be full of crap here, (that is my disclaimer).....Nasser is here to go back to back, that is his only intention. RG wants to win in his own right. But RG is also wearing the owners cap, which we saw yesterday. RG probably realizes that if Nasser wins, RG and RGM win. Can you imagine how a auto manufacturer will look at RGM as a DAKAR WINNING TEAM. Would this make Jeep or Maserati (which have both been mentioned) be more comfortable with jumping on board with full factory support. How about other top tier drivers in the future if Nasser chooses not to come back.

I think if it comes down to your scenario, there will be a gents agreement, in the later stages, to each their own with team orders not to take each other out in the process. The last thing Nasser wants to happen is him crash out RG in Stage 13 and RG tells him to get the F out of his car. And RG will not want to become the evil villian of the Dakar by taking out Nasser and ruin all of the good will and unlimited exposure that he and the brand gets down there.

But it is only stage 3 now, we have a long way to go. I think for both to get to that scenario, they will both have to run a near flawless race with near perfect luck. Luck is something god has never bestowed upon Mr. Robby Gordon......(think 99 Indy 500, Think Daytona 500, Think Watkins Glen 2001 in car bat explosion, Think multiple Sonomas and Montreals, think ROC Title against Dale Sr. countless SCORE Races and all of the Dakars between 2005 up to now)

With that being said, they are running awesome right now. I will expect the worst, hope for the best and ENJOY THIS RIDE!

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Reaction
One thing is for sure! Qatar put him in the car and if they both keep this up... Both RG and Nasser will be laughing to the bank when the sell a cargo ship full of Speed and Toyo tires in Qatar. I'm sure a thousand RG Polaris side by sides have sold already in the Mid East.

FlyHiFlyLo

Ace Mechanic
Reaction
Good stuff! Thanks Bruno from The Planet.

<embed class="xj_video_embed" wmode="opaque" src="http://static.ning.com/socialnetworkmain/widgets/video/flvplayer/flvplayer.swf?v=201112222132" FlashVars="config=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.planetrobby.com%2Fvideo%2Fvideo%2FshowPlayerConfig%3Fid%3D2181693%253AVideo%253A542670%26ck%3D-%26theme982Version%3D2&amp;video_smoothing=on&amp;autoplay=off&amp;hideShareLink=1&amp;isEmbedCode=1" width="456" height="344" bgColor="#000000" scale="noscale" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"> </embed> <br /><small><a href="http://www.planetrobby.com/video/video">Find more videos like this on <em>Planet Robby</em></a></small><br />