SHOT SHOW 2018 COMPANIES TRASHING JEAN DESERT and MINT 400 PITS

Mxrider99

Reaction
WE NEED TO ADDRESS THIS NOW.

Hogue Knives is out there burning and running over couches and leaving all their garbage when they are done. There is many many many more companies involved in this destruction of our desert. This is why our areas are getting closed down. Here is their "5 Ton" military truck running over the sofa that is still there a day later burned to the ground.
And another company shooting cans and leaving them when they are done. "Black Sheep arms" These companies are only in town for shot show and will be gone. Literally shitting in our desert and leaving it for us to deal with.

Attachments

Last edited:

J Prich

Reaction
Probably not the right forum but this is a huge issue in Jean as far as I'm concerned. It wasn't like this 5..and definitely not 10 years ago. But it's only getting worse. While the OHV users are mostly responsible and have gotten with the program, the general population of the shooting community are not necessarily "outdoor" folks and aren't aware of or don't care about cleaning up after themselves. The entire Jean corridor from Sloan all the way back through the bulk of Roach Dry Lake are being completely trashed.

The clean ups are great, but they are band aid fixes. The clean up we did last fall barely put a dent in the overall dumpiness of what's out there and it's 5 to 1. For every piece of trash we pick up, there are 5 more people dumping crap. It's a real mess and honestly if I were looking for a reason to shut down access to those areas...that would be it.

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
Send these videos to BLM and let them deal with it. Its B.S. and ruins it for the responsible shooting crowd as well.

Nessy

Reaction
In Arizona where I ride it is the same thing. The Sheriffs and Rangers wont do anything but look for motorized vehicles to ticket if they don't have a plate or are expired. I don't know if the range got to expensive or what but the Sycamore Creek / Four Peaks area is filled with shooters now and none of them appear to be cleaning up their mess.

J Prich

Reaction
Shooters, I would guess, would prefer places like Jean in NV because it's a 30 min drive from the center of Vegas, it's free, and there is no regulation.

At the fall Dash for Trash clean up I was talking to one of the BLM guys there and they are obviously aware of the problem but as I understand it, fairly unable to do anything about it. They can't police any of the shooting areas without making them actual ranges which they don't want to do so it seems like it's sort of an impasse.

But man, it's terrible out there. I know there are a lot of cross over folks, shooters who are also outdoor/utv enthusiasts and my expectation is most of that crowd knows the deal but there is a also a large portion of the shooting crowd that DGAF's about any of that outdoorsy stuff and just wants a place to come out, blow off a bunch of rounds, and make cool social media vids to share with their friends to prove how bad ass they are.

The kinds of vehicles I see routinely heading out to these areas are not the kinds of vehicles people who typically do outdoor things in the desert drive. Yeah, stereotyping I suppose, but I don't think it's far from the truth.

nickybobby333

Reaction
In Arizona where I ride it is the same thing. The Sheriffs and Rangers wont do anything but look for motorized vehicles to ticket if they don't have a plate or are expired. I don't know if the range got to expensive or what but the Sycamore Creek / Four Peaks area is filled with shooters now and none of them appear to be cleaning up their mess.
I was going to say the same thing. Just outside of the city where the riding spots are, are also the close spots for shooting. I don't understand it. I ride my dirt bike up and down the hills and anywhere you look there is a spot that held a campfire with trash and chit all over the place.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
HELP.

Please, if you know how, save those videos in the OP. not save the links. can anyone copy them?

I spent my lunch sorting out the video with the truck in it. The truck is the owners of a company called Hogue Inc. they make gun parts. The truck supposedly is his baby. They are still in Vegas with it.

I called their office and explained that I know they went out into the desert outside vegas, lit a couch on fire and drove their truck over it and left all their trash behind. I am giving them today to get this sorted out. I explained that this is a giant screw up by them. That we know they did not clean it up and that they left it in our yard. They pride themselves as being "all american" etc.

I explained it like this. Very politely BTW

we know what you did.
we have the video of it.
This fun day in the dirt for them was the equivalent of me going to their house and burning a couch in their yard, driving a truck over it and leaving it there. Uncool and illegal.

I said we as a community take this personally and that our "social influencers" will start making this go viral. I told them tomorrow morning i am turning over all the evidence to the BLM

from them we expect the following.
-a apology
-the prompt clean up of the area hopefully "packing in more out than they packed in"
a nice monetary donation to help clean up that land from other a holes like them.

I told them tomorrow morning i am turning over all the evidence to the BLM

The sales person i spoke with is going to have their office manager get back to me today.

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Anyone enlighten me to the area this occurred?
From video and pictures it appears to be the big pit that you can get to under RR tracks from blvd. Or off knight ranch.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
We might be able to extinguish our torches.
The company just called me back. He was very upset that we think they trashed the desert. He said they cleaned all their stuff brass etc.

He went on to say that the couch was already out there and a bunch of metal buckets. They cleaned all that up also and hauled it out when they were done. He then texted me a photo of all the crap in the back of his truck as proof.

IMG_7769.JPG

He says the use the desert all the time and they get it. They're like us. They respect the land and don't want people screwing up our ability to use it for recreation.

These guys are cool.

IMG_5632.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

As far as the first video goes, I am satisfied the guys at Houge are cool and we shouldn't have any beef with them. I did no research on the second video in the OP.

MxRider99, why did you think this stuff wasn't cleaned up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mxrider99

Reaction
IMG_0652(1).jpg
IMG_0654(1).jpg
IMG_0656(1).jpg
IMG_0657(1).jpg
IMG_0655(1).jpg
IMG_0653(1).jpg
Better resolution unless RDC nerfs it. I was mis informed about them leaving it all. These are from 30 minutes ago.

Mxrider99

Reaction
I feel This has been rectified. I jumped The gun posting they had left it all. They did cleanup some of the stuff they shot, which they said they did not bring out. Pleas delete this thread.

Joakes

Reaction
John Oakes here. Hogue is a client of my company, and we work extremely close with them. I was personally with everyone shooting in the desert. The couch and buckets were already on site when we arrived. After we finished up, our entire team spent multiple hours picking up bullet casings, debris from the shoot, and everything else in the area. We filled our truck with debris that had already been in the area. Please note that our entire team respectfully left the area better than we found it.

blue dog

Reaction
Cold creek to the north has been getting worse, I expect the BLM to poop that area down due to the amount of trash that is accumulated.

Good job Dan200

J Prich

Reaction
Glad this particular incident was not what it seemed but the larger problem remains with the shooting. The "quarry", the "Fox Proving Grounds" and a few other areas of the Mint 400 course look like combat zone/trash dumps and it's terrible.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Cold creek to the north has been getting worse, I expect the BLM to **** that area down due to the amount of trash that is accumulated.

Good job Dan200
Officers were out there today citing people for leaving debris as a matter of fact...It is getting ridiculous.As an avid shooter I am flat out embarrassed by many of shooting peers. Im tired of it.