Should class 10 start before tt spec?

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
I know there used to be a rule that if the top car in your class beat the top car in a higher class the year before you start before them. In a 500 I raced the 1600’s started before the 12’s because Ampudia beat all of us. Last year Cody Reid beat all the specs, should we not start before? Class 10 is particularly afflicted because some of the slower tt specs tend to get stuck in places or have accidents that cause bottlenecks and the first cars to pass tend to get a massive lead on the rest of the class just as the race is starting. Does anyone agree? Should we make our case at the meeting?

9rocky

Reaction
No. How safe is it to have 6000 lbs trucks catching 2500 lbs buggies?
Just as safe as it is for a 2800 pound buggy to catch a 4800 pound moving road block. I doubt too many 6100's weigh 6000 pounds, just as much as there is not too many 10 cars that weigh 2500 pounds. We were able to prove where the 10 cars should be last year by starting in front of the trucks.

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
Honestly if it didnt make too much of a difference I wouldnt make a big deal about it, but it makes a HUUUUGE DIFFERENCE. At least every other race in the 500 or 1000 gets decided by a bottleneck early on. Why should our race be in essence decided by mile 100. Also to your argument broughton it is actually better that way because 10 cars dont want to be nerfed by specs so they move aside when they are caught up too, while a spec rarely moves aside. They will just wait you out until there is a section they can dust you in and youre struggling the whole race. Plus you have to time to your nerf perfectly so that it doesnt destroy your suspension. PLUS if those are the rules for everyone else why do we get treated differently?

offroadracer516

Reaction
So laughable to think just because your vehicle weighs more that it should start in front even though its SLOWER. lol Come on guys.

9rocky

Reaction

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
So laughable to think just because your vehicle weighs more that it should start in front even though its SLOWER. lol Come on guys.
You guys would lose your poop if you signed up in an Ultra4 car LOL. Half the TT specs are faster than half the 10s...and vice versa.

I will say, generally 10 cars are more aware that they are caught.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Dave, the 10s beat the Specs. It's that simple.
Its not that simple when you look at the data.

Spec won at the 500. 10 won at last years 1000.

But if you look down the results they match up pretty evenly. The one thing I noticed in the 500, there is disparity in the top 10 of C10 then there is in TT Spec.

Is that attributable to better cars or more seasoned competitors?

If I were to build a desert only car, it would be a 10 because it has the most depth of competitve drivers in my budget.

LantanaTX

Reaction
I am not buying the weight/danger thing. NORRA with about 200 entries starts the first day based on how fast each class was the year before. After the first day you start based on your overall finish the day before. This works well every year. The trackers being used now have push to pass. We have heavy trucks including TT specs starting behind us every day and we weigh a lot less than a 10 car.

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
Whats the point of the rules then? I didnt know we could just opt out of them whenever we didnt like the result

Dirty Harry

Reaction
I will say, generally 10 cars are more aware that they are caught.
A buggy is quieter and easier to see out of. I think that 10 cars should start in front of Spec TTs. The trucks have the torque to accelerate and pass (or jackrabbit unfortunately) where the 10 cars rely more on momentum and maintaining speed. Mash the gas in both and it is easy to see how a Spec TT can more easily make the pass on the other vehicle.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Its not that simple when you look at the data.

Spec won at the 500. 10 won at last years 1000.

But if you look down the results they match up pretty evenly. The one thing I noticed in the 500, there is disparity in the top 10 of C10 then there is in TT Spec.

Is that attributable to better cars or more seasoned competitors?

If I were to build a desert only car, it would be a 10 because it has the most depth of competitive drivers in my budget.
Doesn't matter what your data shows, the fact is, the 10s finished in front of the Specs/ Hell, a couple years ago a 1600 did and then they started in front of the 10s and 12s and guess what? No one was crushed to death by big heavy cars. If someone builds a 3,000 pound 1 car with an aluminum drive train, super light weight everything with a turbo V6 that makes 600 hp, should they have to start behind the specs even if they finish every race in front of them just because of weight?

RedRide

Reaction
The whole weight thing is a crock. If any car running at speed hits another stationary car there is going to be some serious damage. However I think it should probably be an average of the fastest class. Maybe top 5 in each class?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app