Should Desert Racing get more media coverage?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
You seem to be pretty eager to manage dick pics. Hehe. JK

The best would be a jukebox type service. People send content to a channel and it just plays in order.

Mike

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
. I try not to think of the Barstow people as stupid, but Barstow seems to have an affect on people there.
During the MDR years there was a trash truck service that decided to leave the rental dumpster ON THE RACE COURSE the day before the event out near Cougar Buttes, and a local water truck service that had their "driver" show up around 10am on race day, when he immediately dumped about 300ga on the Bessimer access road because he forgot to attach the hose🤔.

ACME

RDC Crypto
BG's story reminded me of our first SCORE race. '87 Great Mojave 250 about 400 yds off the start there was a hard right turn in main pit and the corner marked with ribbon and signs that said "no pitting". Some rolls into the spot parks his Ford PU on the outside of the corner where no one else is, gets out and sits on the roof. A class 8 blows the corner and Tbones it and the guy ends up in the bed, class 8 backs up and heads off.

BOT... Sal made a great comment about the Baja 1000: "It's the most well known race in the world, that really no one has ever seen". I believe he said it was #4 or 5 as far as global name recognition for a race after Le Mans, Indy, Daytona and Monaco. The bottom line is, it has always been a regional sport with limited national mass appeal, kinda similar to the issues that Dakar and the WRC have faced in the accessing the US market