Should I buy a wr250x/r?

idealer

I am thinking of getting an enduro my main use would be to cruise around town and take it to baja to pre-run and cruise desert/glamis with friends... My truck is my primary offroad vehicle, and Im getting to old to try and get back on a track. What do you guys think of this bike, is there a better option?

Dezertpilot

Get a KTM plated.

Dezertpilot

Well first off how much is your budget? Do you have an M1 endorsement currently? I can let you test ride my bike if you do. Brand new KTM sells a 450exc-r,530exc-r and 690 Enduro, oh they also sell a 990 Super Enduro and then the big v twin adventurer bikes. But for what you are looking to do either a 530exc-r or 690 will do the trick. The 690 can be had in either supermoto or enduro versions. The Enduro will probably be a better bet. But if you want a smaller bike the 530 is the hot ticket. Stop by 3bros racing off Superior and talk to Robbie or Eduardo and have a look at their bikes. A lot of very nice bikes I might add.

Dezertpilot

Remember their is no one do it all bike but you can get very close.

kenaroo

Actually the WR 250 R is a great bike.. very reliable and motor is good.

Just remember on a 250 4stk... you'll be reving it a little more than you buddies on the 450s.

bike's top speed will not be as fast but for just cruising the washes and in the more technical rocky sections a 250 is light and nimble. where it will lack a tad is the long road sections if you ever take them.

good accessories for the WR as well.. big tanks, taller softer seats, etc.

I'd say a good bike for a lighter person 170 and under.. if your bigger like me.. you'd be better off with a 450.

KTMs are good bikes too.. but a little more pricey.

though.. I'd never trust anyone recommending a bike with the bike name as a sig :D could be a little slanted on the judgement

J/K dezertpilot

idealer

Yea, I am use to riding 250r/450r's and really wanted something light and I am not that familiar with the KTM line. I do have my M1, and would ideally like a 450 and I do weigh 200lb... When did they stop making crf450 plated bikes and is it easy to find one plated for california, I thought I read about them being plate-able up until recently...

Dezertpilot

though.. I'd never trust anyone recommending a bike with the bike name as a sig :D could be a little slanted on the judgement

J/K dezertpilot
LOL funny guy:D

Yea, I am use to riding 250r/450r's and really wanted something light and I am not that familiar with the KTM line. I do have my M1, and would ideally like a 450 and I do weigh 200lb... When did they stop making crf450 plated bikes and is it easy to find one plated for california, I thought I read about them being plate-able up until recently...
Finding a plated 450r is gonna be hard. I heard they stopped plating bikes around 2003? What is your price range?

Dezertpilot

My ideal price range is 4-5k but up to 6500...
I think u should def buy a plated bike they have better resale. That being said their are a lot of nice KTMs out their. If you are going to be doing any dune riding that 250x motor will be a dog!

You know what get a 650r (Honda) great reliable bike, just a tad old tech. but it will do all, nothing spectacular but a great all around bike. People are selling these left and right, not because they are a bad bike but it is the sign of the times, darn economy. You can get a REALLY nice xr650r for 5k or less.

Baja D "Diego"

Check out Craigslist as well. Plenty of bikes already plated if you're not looking to spend to much!