Should light buggies start mixed with heavy metal

Should Light buggies start mixed with Full size heavy metal TT. TTspec, and Class 1

• Total voters

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
I just don't want to see a cool sport die because of a stupid accident
FWIW- There is (or has been in the not so recent past) a facebook group from the south side of the border that does stuff to raise awareness about how dangerous being a spectator is. They had flyers and a YouTube video or two. It used to show up on my FB feed but i haven't seen anything recently and I forget the name. It seemed to have a decent amount of support by the locals who certainly know how sketchy things are.

I am not sure that "raising awareness" is gonna do anything for someone who doesn't have common sense though. If 7k pounds of metal is coming your way at 100 mph over bumps you can hide a midget behind doesn't get your natural instincts for self preservation to kick in an move your own arse to a safe spot, then your probably not gonna have a long life anyway.

1653071412979.jpeg

Advertising supports this site

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
Reminds me of the rally videos where guys plop their chairs down at the exit of an apex. The best thing about dumb people, they don’t know they’re dumb.

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
FWIW- There is (or has been in the not so recent past) a facebook group from the south side of the border that does stuff to raise awareness about how dangerous being a spectator is. They had flyers and a YouTube video or two. It used to show up on my FB feed but i haven't seen anything recently and I forget the name. It seemed to have a decent amount of support by the locals who certainly know how sketchy things are.

I am not sure that "raising awareness" is gonna do anything for someone who doesn't have common sense though. If 7k pounds of metal is coming your way at 100 mph over bumps you can hide a midget behind doesn't get your natural instincts for self preservation to kick in an move your own arse to a safe spot, then your probably not gonna have a long life anyway.

View attachment 244946
I did not know about that group. But i guess your right, you can't fix stupid, you just let the issue correct itself.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
I did not know about that group. But i guess your right, you can't fix stupid, you just let the issue correct itself.
Sadly, its impossible to make the course very spectator safe almost at all. What we do is sketchy.

This is also one of those areas where the (supposed) corruption (within elected officials and law enforcement) in Mexico is probably helpful because money can make a stateside racers problem "go away".

Advertising supports this site

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
It’s BAJA. You can put in speed zones and the people will just move further down the course. It’s best you get down to BAJA and enjoy seeing the racing up close because you can’t get that close in the US. It’s a risk / reward you have to try.

Just like touching the whales. Sooner or later you will not be able to touch them. Try in the US and you will be arrested.

corvairclass1

RDC Crypto
It’s BAJA. You can put in speed zones and the people will just move further down the course. It’s best you get down to BAJA and enjoy seeing the racing up close because you can’t get that close in the US. It’s a risk / reward you have to try.

Just like touching the whales. Sooner or later you will not be able to touch them. Try in the US and you will be arrested.
I guess. I'd love to get down there sometime but as of now can't, but if I will i will stay out of the way as much as possible.

Honda48X

RDC Crypto
Okay today I ran up to the States and when returning and going by race mile 160 on Hwy 5 I have this TT Prerunner jump on the 5 and comes up on my arss as I’m going 86 mph and he rides my butt for miles. Now the main part of this story is that truck looked BIG AND BAD and if I was in a UTV on the actual race course I would poop my pants. Now throw in some dust and he could or might punt me right off the course. My vote is at least at the start Heavy metal needs to start first. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: