Should light buggies start mixed with heavy metal

Should Light buggies start mixed with Full size heavy metal TT. TTspec, and Class 1

• Total voters

masleca

RDC Crypto
My vote.........is.........wait for it.............German Short-hairs are the best dogs in the world.
This thread is now complete. Moving on
1652458020678.png

Advertising supports this site

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
yes short hairs are easy to keep looking good( nice when a thread Dosent go all purpleee

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
4 pages and al I learned from this forum...DAN M didn't get 4th at the San Felipe 250:oops:

And should start somewhere after 52nd place.

SF250 was another race they put slower buggies mixed with faster spec trucks. Granted they were Class 1 but still not safe.

The slow Class 1 buggies are lucky to have not been crashed with all the spec trucks having to get around them. It was sketch for sure. Our truck came very close to taking out a class 1 and ending both of our days in a bad way. Those two buggies got passed by 12 other spec trucks before we got to them. Each one of those passes was a opportunity for disaster.

Any time you have different speed vehicles starting mixed in it’s also higher risk. The goal should be to start equal vehicles together and not mix.

Take a look from 16:45 to 20:45 and at the end how close that was of hitting the C1 coming back on the main line. The speed difference between us and both C1 seems at least 30mph. I think one of them had issues not sure why the other one was so slow.

Mike

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
SF250 was another race they put slower buggies mixed with faster spec trucks. Granted they were Class 1 but still not safe.

The slow Class 1 buggies are lucky to have not been crashed with all the spec trucks having to get around them. It was sketch for sure. Our truck came very close to taking out a class 1 and ending both of our days in a bad way. Those two buggies got passed by 12 other spec trucks before we got to them. Each one of those passes was a opportunity for disaster.

Any time you have different speed vehicles starting mixed in it’s also higher risk. The goal should be to start equal vehicles together and not mix.

Take a look from 16:45 to 20:45 and at the end how close that was of hitting the C1 coming back on the main line. The speed difference between us and both C1 seems at least 30mph. I think one of them had issues not sure why the other one was so slow.

Mike

Yeah, that would have been your fault if you hit them. Not the org’s. But maybe that’s not your point?

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Pretty sure both c1 cars had either driver or car issues. A 10 car can go faster in that so a c1 car should have no problems. There is always going to be a slow guy and proves the theory that any slow utv can qualify slow in class1 and have every faster 6100 behind them.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Yeah, that would have been your fault if you hit them. Not the org’s. But maybe that’s not your point?

Dang dude. You are so arrogant. Like Fault would matter with two race vehicles torn up and possible injuries.

You do know that it's a race, right? Everyone is going as fast as they can and on the edge. Thats racing and if you are not on the edge you are not racing. To purposely put moving obstacles like a slow Class 1 at the start for all the guys to work around is irresponsible. Sorry but I do blame the org for adding that risk to all.

Yes if the over taking vehicle hits the vehicles they are overtaking then yes its their fault in some cases. If the vehicle that is being over taken makes a sudden move into the main line its their fault. If that Class 1 would have come out into the main line without looking and we ran into them it would be their fault. No different than pulling out in front of someone on the road. Its the merging traffics responsibility to make sure its clear. Actually it looks like that Class 1 did the right thing and saw us coming and stopped. But the org put them in a position to do that 20 times in the first 20 miles. Looks like they got good at it.

Our Co driver mirror got broke early in the race. What if we could not see someone and moved out in front of them? it almost happened. I guess we could all come here later and talk about who's "Fault" it is.

But again why put slower vehicles mixed in with faster vehicles at the start off a off-road race? Maybe so guys like you can argue who's fault it was after a collision?

Mike

cjohnson

RDC Crypto
To me it sounds like some TT specs qualify well and some qualify not so good. The not so good they feel like the were "handed a penalty" when there are C10 cars in front of them when in reality they might need to qualify better?

If a team qualified as the first TT spec they would love have the C10s in the way of everyone else 🤣

Better yet qualify #1 overall and have the best advantage👍

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Actually at SF250 all Class 1's where put in front of all spec trucks. So you could not qualify around them.

So the top quialifiyer TT Spec was behind the slowest TT's and the slowest C1.

Originally they said they would start based on qualifying time regardless of class (within TT, TTspec, and C1) That made sense but came with its own risk. We were actually pretty high up the list and was starting behind LR and Had Myers TT behind us. For me that was still a risk but better than having super slow Class 1 and super slow TT in the mix.

I have never said you can take all risk away. But you can limit some risk at the start.

Mike

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
Desert Racing for the most part is a form of endurance racing. ALL endurance racing has different classes that have to mix it up lap after lap. Daytona 24, Le Mans, Nurburgring, every IMSA race. Bad things happen, especially when you put a bunch of hyper competitive drivers in race cars. If a guy wants to race his utv in class 1 and understands the dangers that’s on him. Promoters are able to adjust the rules as they see free. If a guy is crazy enough and innovative enough to skin a cat a different way that’s to be applauded.

Just an update For ya B.Hagle Liberals like everyone to follow the rules and take away personal freedoms. I think you got it backwards there hot rod.

cjohnson

RDC Crypto
One of the best things about offroad racing is all vehicles racing at the same time. It does require that competitors look out for each other to keep things safe. It's unfortunate the society in general is loosing that quality of thinking about the other guy.

You have not lived until a TT passes you on a motorcycle on a dry lake bed when you're going 80 and they're going 130 👍

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Almost allowed myself to jump back in this downward spiral, lol. Not today Satan, not today. Happy Friday!

I wish I was as smart as you. thanks for the inspiration. Haha

Mike

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Just an update For ya B.Hagle Liberals like everyone to follow the rules and take away personal freedoms. I think you got it backwards there hot rod.
I'd love to add to that but...might anger the Minister of Truth...

Now back to the poll...gap appears to be closing...

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
the gap is closing for sure, pretty interesting for sure.

Was jsut looking at the list and I think I need to print this list to remind me who the guys are that give me so much crap. Other than 10shot all of the guys that fight with me on almost everything are in the Mix them up side. Still not sure about some of the guys on the mix it up side and why they are there. I have a hard time keeping track of who is who on here. This list can be very helpful in the future. LOL

Mike

9rocky

RDC Crypto
Actually at SF250 all Class 1's where put in front of all spec trucks. So you could not qualify around them.

So the top quialifiyer TT Spec was behind the slowest TT's and the slowest C1.

Originally they said they would start based on qualifying time regardless of class (within TT, TTspec, and C1) That made sense but came with its own risk. We were actually pretty high up the list and was starting behind LR and Had Myers TT behind us. For me that was still a risk but better than having super slow Class 1 and super slow TT in the mix.

I have never said you can take all risk away. But you can limit some risk at the start.

Mike
Not attacking you @MTPyle , just a question, so hold on to your feelings...

SCORE has NEVER, to this day, mixed classes like BITD does. I do not believe they ever said they were going to at San Felipe. So, just wondering, where did you get this notion?