Should SCORE start TT Spec in front of Class 1 now?

Advertising supports this site

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
It’s ironic that you guys are debating on what four wheel vehicles should start where based on speed and weight yet everyone including SCORE turns a blind eye on the handlebar classes being in front of the Trophy Trucks. Absolutely astonishing!
I have no skin in the game but to actually affect change the bike guys would need to band together and not race unless they got whatever gap they wanted to feel safe. OR if the TT guys refused to leave the line. Why should I care more than the bike guys or the TT guys? I guess I could send score an email saying I won’t follow the races on the tracker anymore in boycott.

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
It’s ironic that you guys are debating on what four wheel vehicles should start where based on speed and weight yet everyone including SCORE turns a blind eye on the handlebar classes being in front of the Trophy Trucks. Absolutely astonishing!
Easiest solution to me is start the sportsman bikes behind all the 4 wheel classes.

As far as Spec TT vs Class 1, its fine the way it is. Qualifying them all together so the fastest are up front would be the best solution but that will never happen. If Spec TTs want to start in front of Class 1s, then put a bigger motor in your truck and enter Trophy Truck lol

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
Easiest solution to me is start the sportsman bikes behind all the 4 wheel classes.

As far as Spec TT vs Class 1, its fine the way it is. Qualifying them all together so the fastest are up front would be the best solution but that will never happen. If Spec TTs want to start in front of Class 1s, then put a bigger motor in your truck and enter Trophy Truck lol
Qualifying is almost always a horses for courses thing anyways and not always a true reflection of who will be fast over the entirety of the actual course.

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
If lighter vehicle roll cages are built to heavy vehicle specs, would be people be more open to mixing classes? Not quite the right thread for this, but close enough by RDC standards.
make a less powerful car slower by making it heavier and then mix it in with faster ones who have better power to weight?

cosmo

Super Moderator
RDC Crypto
Just this week, Parkhouse Motorsports, Wilson Motorsports, and RPI Racing have worked together to come up with an exciting new development for class 1. Working the details and talking with the powers that be. Hope to make announcements soon.
Curious about this.

Dustino81

RDC Crypto
Dan, How sketchy is it to come on to a bike in a TT? I would imagine its something you do not look forward to.

Plus aren't the guys caught by the first Cars/Trucks the slowest of the bikes; the ones with the least amount of racing experience?
Sportsman, pro teams having issues , and Ironman racers . From a bike guys standpoint it’s super sketchy getting caught by them during the day , night not as bad . I really wish SCORE would require all 4 wheel vehicles to run some sort of daytime light, like the handlebars. Plus we need a much larger gap . Trucks are getting faster , courses are much rougher and bikes are getting slower on the rougher courses .

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
its time to seperate the 2& 4 wheel classes period, its just simple math, top tt+ a moto guy having a bad day = not good

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
Is SNORE the only organization when they do qualify, BAP & RATR, to mix TT, C1 and spec by their times? Doesn’t make sense others don’t.

Their rational is if someone crashes during qualifying they don’t want them behind slower classes…this would only effect a few.

But it is ok if faster C1s have to drive through a handful of slower TTs or a bunch of faster spec trucks have to drive through all the C1s…this current scenario seems way less safe. Especially if you understand physics. And this current way effects a lot more racers. As well as the outcome. Meaning if certain guys got a better starting position they would have even better times.

Just have to look at the data and follow the The Science™™…lol

Case in point is Bean at the SS300 I am sure he had to deal with a lot of dust of slower cars and still came in 4th overall. I doubt the other top 3 had any dust. Kyle Jergensen is another good example when he was running 6100.

Just seems like good a question to seriously consider for; Safety, Liability, Fairness and Evolution.