Should we allow any type one transmission mods?

Should we allow any type one transmission mods?

• Yes

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters

Michael Pee

RDC Crypto
Don't you think that it might go against the spirit of the class by increasing the cost or is it already so hard to find a good trans and that you already have it apart that it does not cost much more?

BUDMAN975

RDC Crypto
Yes, a stronger trans would mean better finishing rate

justplainnate

RDC Crypto
i like the idea of class 9 being a drivers class. its about making the car last and i think its more of a level playing field the way it is right now. some people are saying that they run a 4:37 ring and pinion and are breaking them. have you tried the 4:12? in my car we only broke a ring and pinion twice, both in our first season of racing. the first was a 4:37 because we were driving way too hard (incxperienced drivers) and the second was a 4:12 and that was because my brother rolled the car and shoved the axel right into the transmission. we are still running a 4:12 and have never had a problem for almost two years now with ring and pinions. others are saying that 1st and 2nd are too weak....well why are you running in those gears? yeah, occasionally you may have to use them to climb a hill or something but other than that why not try and make your car do what it can do if its set up right and run in 3rd and 4th all day? spider gears put me out of the balls out 250 and that could have been solved on my part by running a superdiff and having four spider gears instead of two, but i run a stock diff, oh well. and then next would be the axels. theres not many options there. those new empi axels were a waste of money. i've heard nothing good about sway-a-ways. theres some other type that i've heard really good things about, but im not sure who makes them or where to get them, and then theres stock. and thats what i think of this whole deal, but who am i...

Corey_989

I kick azz in sportsman!
RDC Crypto
Good points Nate, The Axels can be purchased from John at RC Trans..... I kinda have to disagree with the point of become a better driver and you won't break gears, we're using 40 year old parts that we don't know the history of. I replace my R/P and 1st/2nd gear main shaft every race so I have a better chance of it surviving. The labor at a normal shop is usually more than the parts so this brings the cost of the class up alot. A R/P is about $140-$180 and the mainshaft is what $50-$80 plus other small parts and mag , then labor $250-$400, this comes out to be a pretty big bill every race for the average racer, that doesn't have access to core trannys and having their trannys built for close to free. If a racer could go 1 more race than they normally go(using NEW aftermarket parts) they would save the money the gears cost in just one prep. We might even draw more cars due to the fact that they wouldn't have as many broken transmissions. I only broke 1 trans last year due to driving the car to hard, so im not really having a trans problem, Im trying to look out for the class as a whole and think this would even the playing field and get more cars finishing races in the front pack. If the majority of racers out there don't mind prepping their trannys every race and would like to keep it the way it is im fine with that too!!!! See eveyone in a couple weeks at the Freedom 250!!!!!!

justplainnate

RDC Crypto
ok so suppose everything gets worked out and the transmission rule does get changed. its going to allow people to drive these cars even harder and then something else will be a problem. changing the transmission rule isnt going to change the fact that we are still going to be running 40 year old parts. think about the front ends, more specifically, spindles. what do we do when people start breaking them, switch to link pin? if your worried about the overall cost of the class, then spend a little more money and get into a different class that doesnt require so much money between preps if its costing you too much. this is off-road racing, parts break, and its an expensive hobby. theres plenty of other classes out there, find one that works for you, dont change an entire class to make it work for you. just my opinion...