Show your Fab skills on national TV!!!

OGCamber

Reaction
Okay here's the deal. I have been asked to be the Technical Advisor for a new TV show that is going to be on Fox's cable channel, FX. The show is called Driveshaft and it is going to produced by the same folks that do Monster Garage, Original Productions. It is going to pit two teams of fabricators against each other, giving them a week to turn regular cars and trucks into things like extended wheelbase off-road vehicles and boats. At the end of the week these vehicles will be run against each other in a head-to-head race. And guess what? We're looking for fabricators!!!

So here's what you do if you want to try out to get on the show. Send an e-mail with all of your contact information as well as why you think you're qualified to be on one of the fabrication teams to driveshaft@hotmail.com. Shooting is going to be in the Southern California area and all of the fabricators used on the show will be paid! And just to give you an idea of what kind of stuff you'll be working with, I have just ordered a pair of Currie 9-inch rear-ends and a bunch of coil-overs for the first show, so we won't be asking you to build these vehicles out of garbage, but on the other hand, we expect them to be fast and loud on race day! I know that there are some amazing fabricators on this list, and even some rookies that have the skills that we're looking for so shoot us of an e-mail ASAP. We start taping at the end of March! Don't just sit there, get on it!

Courtney Halowell
Editor, StreetTrucks Magazine
www.streettrucksmag.com

OGCamber

Reaction
Thanks. If you want to know what they're looking for in your e-mails, you can PM me with any questions.

Courtney Halowell
www.streettrucksmag.com

tedmales

Reaction
so do you have to have an " N C" tattoo on your butt to get in or what?
diamonds are forever, ha ha

life is too short to be small

OGCamber

Reaction
It was brought to my attention that the driveshaft@hotmail.com e-mail address has been bouncing e-mails. If you have tried to e-mail about casting for the show and it has bounced, don't give up. The e-mail address gets cleared out several times a day, but it seems to fill up twice as fast. Just keep re-sending your e-mails until it gets through and we'll try to hook up with a bigger e-mail box soon.

Courtney Halowell
www.streettrucksmag.com

crashesalot2003

Reaction
the show sounds like fun to watch, someone will have to post air times on here so we can all watch

no brain, no pain

OGCamber

Reaction
The phone number is (213) 251-8488 and you can ask for Terrence or Linda for Driveshaft Casting. This thing is coming down to the wire, so if you want in call ASAP.

Courtney Halowell
www.streettrucksmag.com

Brian Mapes

Reaction
When you find out when this show is going to air post it so we will know to watch.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

drtdevil93

Reaction
im going tomorrow to casting i guess. are there gonna be 10 people of 500 people?

erik

OGCamber

Reaction
They're scheduleing about 10 people a day. If you're going in then that means you made it to the final cut.

Courtney Halowell
www.streettrucksmag.com

drtdevil93

Reaction
i was told one week at first, then he said they'd need me for 4 weeks. i can slip out for 1, but no way could i take 4 weeks off of work. its already all i can do to stay caught up.

erik

OGCamber

Reaction
I just want to thank everybody that came out to Monster Garage to take the quickie fabrication test for Driveshaft. With guys like AJ & Jesse from the Baja Shop, Maurice and Mike from Off Road Unlimited as well as well as guys like David Tounget, Pepe DeArmas and Costa Gialamas in the running, the SoCal off-road community is pretty well represented. And the whole day I felt like a short-bus kid giving an IQ test to a bunch of Harvard students!!! Thanks again.

Courtney Halowell
www.streettrucksmag.com