Shuttle Columbia

jwfab1

Reaction
I'm afraid to inform everyone that it appears the shuttle broke apart shortly after re-entry. Mission control lost radio contact and radar positioning around 9:00am ET this morning. Witnesses say they saw what appeares to be debris breaking apart over Texas. The shuttle was approximately 200.000 feet at last contact. There were 6 Americans and 1 Israeli onboard. This is a tragic loss for the United States, NASA and the family's that lost loved ones. My condolences go out to their families.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jwfab1 on 02/01/03 07:39 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

evan_clanin

Reaction
it was flying at 12000+ mph, and my condolences go out to the families as well

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

evan_clanin

Reaction
january 28, 1986

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
That was the big news at the race today...unbelievable. I hope Morton Thiokol had nothing to do with it this time.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

desertracer

Reaction
I found out while we sat in line staging to start the mdr race. It was hard to think about it while we were racing. We will remember this day forever.

MDR #112

Jkrell

Reaction
Dan,

I second that....I heard it just before staging and it was tough to swallow....tragic loss.

Jon