Silly Season 2010 ......

Mumzy

Reaction
I know that this has been speculation....if not a "done deal" for a while, but not only will Truex be driving for MWR next year.....

......BUT HE WILL BE IN THE #55....and POS will not!

I am making my yearly jaunt to the Jersey Shore, and heard this first hand from a personal friend of the Truex's. There will be a formal announcement at the end of this month after the Loudon race.

RGFan

Reaction
I know that this has been speculation....if not a "done deal" for a while, but not only will Truex be driving for MWR next year.....

I am making my yearly jaunt to the Jersey Shore, and heard this first hand from a personal friend of the Truex's. There will be a formal announcement at the end of this month after the Loudon race.
Sounds legit.......POS has already come out and said he will be doing a part time schedule next year.

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Reaction
Bummer, I would of rather seen Truex go to Haas as a third car or go to RCR and take over the #07. I'm also curious is what's going to happen over at Roush with the 26 and 6.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Tony said if he gets the right sponsorship package he will add a 3rd car

Prediction 2011, Brian Ickler in an RCR car (haha, more like wishful thinking)

RGFan

Reaction
Tony said if he gets the right sponsorship package he will add a 3rd car

Prediction 2011, Brian Ickler in an RCR car (haha, more like wishful thinking)
Yeah, especially when there are rumors that RCR will be down to two cars in 2010

NIKAL

Reaction
Yeah, especially when there are rumors that RCR will be down to two cars in 2010
Yep so much for loyalty like Hendrick and RCR have spoke about regarding GM in recent weeks. They have said RCR has filed legal docs regarding the non payment of $2,538,750. Also RPM is looking to make the switch to Toyota by July as they are not getting payed by Dodge and they are running out of engine parts for the new Dodge motor.

http://www.mikemulhern.net/index.ph...bankruptcy-runs-rampant-sonomas-nascar-garage

There is also speculation that Chevy team owner Richard Childress may have to cut back to a two-car operation next season, if the Shell and Jack Daniels sponsorships are not renewed. Childress says he intends to have four Cup teams again next year, but conceded sponsorship issues remain to be resolved. Shell-sponsored Kevin Harvick is 26th in the Cup standings and winless since the Daytona 500 2007; Jack Daniels-sponsored Casey Mears is 21st in the standings and winless since joining Childress last year.
Childress, through the Winston-Salem law firm Womble, Carlyle, has filed legal papers over what he says is GM's non-payment of a bill of $2,538,750. Childress insists he's not suing GM over its failure to make that payment due June 15th. That bill would apparently be a scheduled quarterly payment, part of a $10 million a year Chevrolet sponsorship for Childress' four-team operation.
The specifics, as delineated in a legal filing by Womble, Carlyle: "RCR Enterprises, LLC and its affiliates (collectively “RCR”), by and through their undersigned counsel, hereby submits this limited objection (the “Objection”) to the Notice of (I) Debtors’ Intent to Assume and Assign Certain Executory Contracts, Unexpired Leases of
Personal Property, and Unexpired Leases of Nonresidential Real Property and (II) Cure Costs Related Thereto (the “Notice”), served upon RCR by the above-captioned debtors and debtors-in-possession (collectively, the “Debtors”) pursuant to this Court’s Bidding Procedures Order
[Docket No. 274].
"…the Debtors served the Notice on RCR, indicating that the Debtors intend to assume and assign their executory contract with RCR (the
“Contract”). In addition, on their Contract Website, the Debtors represent that the cure amount needed to assume and assign the Contract is $0 (the “Cure Amount”). Although no amount is currently owed under the Contract, a payment by the Debtors to RCR in the amount of
$2,538,750 is due under the Contract on June 15, 2009."
There have been numerous legal 'objections' filed by GM's creditors over the past few days, to try to get in line, so to speak, for whatever money the bankruptcy court is willing to eventually dole out. But the key GM legal document everyone is awaiting is the list of GM's "critical vendors," which is a listing of those companies and people that will likely be first in line to get paid from the U.S. government bailout fund. It is unclear which, if any, NASCAR people will be on that list.
One top Cup driver, who asked not to be named, said GM executives themselves appear uncertain about just what is really going on in this bankruptcy and what might happen next: "A couple of weeks ago, they told us 'Everything is fine, everything will be okay. But now they're saying 'We just don't know.'"

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Reaction

Good call! I hope Truex does well!

Mumzy

Reaction
Good call! I hope Truex does well!
I'll give up my source....we both get our hair cut by the same barber when we are able to spend some time at the Jersey Shore....also the next door neighbors of the home we rent are long time Truex family friends. As much as I dislike POS, I think Martin will be a good teammate of Reutimann and shine at MWR.

spalind

Reaction
NASCAR 2010=30 Toyotas, 3 Hendrick Chevys, a couple Rousch Fords and whatever other junk is left over from the other teams...
NASCAR 2011=25 Toyotas, 3 Hendrick Chevys, 1 Rousch Ford, 5 Hyundais, a Penske Saturn and whatever junk is left over from the other teams...

BAJA63

Reaction
Heres one for ya, rg needs to retire and put danica in the #7. She may not win, but she is better to look at than the rest of the boys.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Orrrrrr....put her in the 7 and get Brian Vickers in a 2nd car, then take the roll of a car owner ONLY.

RGFan

Reaction
Orrrrrr....put her in the 7 and get Brian Vickers in a 2nd car, then take the roll of a car owner ONLY.
What makes you guys think that Vickers would even drive for RGM. Look, this is just my opinion, but RG's problem is RG. The guy has not forgot how to drive. He has proven he can compete when in competetive equipment (meaning cars, staff, R&D equipment). RGM is just not a competetive entity. They need money for equipment, (engineering staff pit crew, testing equipment, etc). I think their cars are probably good. Setting up the cars is what is killing them. How many times have we heard towards the end of a race that they are running laps competetive with the leader, but they are 1-2 laps down, because it took them most of the race to find the setup.

RG needs qualified management who have legit experience managing cup teams. He needs a CC who will tell him to STFU when RG is the driver. He needs a second car with a capable driver to share setups, testing and race strategy with. Money and an investor who will tell Robby how it is going to go down is what they need most. Let RG play owner monday-thursday. Be the driver friday-sunday.

I think this new Menard rumor just might have legs and Robby just might be ready to wave the flag of contrition and realize that he needs some help, that is if he still wants to be an owner at the Cup level.

Time will tell.

Money makes all of that happen

BAJA63

Reaction
EASY THERE, I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT vICKERS. RG'S NEED TO STOP LISTENING TO BOB. HE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO HIS CREW CHEIF'S CALLS. NOT OVERRIDE THEM. yOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD "RG HIMSELF IS HIS BIGGEST PROBLEM". LET THE THE CREW CHEIF DO HIS JOB,AFTER ALL ISNT THAT WHAT YOU PAY HIM FOR? JUST MY 2 CENTS.

RGFan

Reaction
EASY THERE, I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT vICKERS. RG'S NEED TO STOP LISTENING TO BOB. HE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO HIS CREW CHEIF'S CALLS. NOT OVERRIDE THEM. yOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD "RG HIMSELF IS HIS BIGGEST PROBLEM". LET THE THE CREW CHEIF DO HIS JOB,AFTER ALL ISNT THAT WHAT YOU PAY HIM FOR? JUST MY 2 CENTS.
Vickers was posted right below your post. I found it comical, that is all.

michael_loomis

Reaction
You are no longer welcomed on the RG bandwagon!!! LOL

Danica will be a joke in NASCAR.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
You are no longer welcomed on the RG bandwagon!!! LOL

Danica will be a joke in NASCAR.
She may not last or ever win in NASCAR but she would put people in the seats and eyeballs on the TV... Exactly what NASCAR, car owners and sponsors want!

How's this for silly season news: (per Jayski.com and aol.com)

Harvick wants out at RCR? Kevin Harvick has told Richard Childress he would like to leave after this season, according to multiple sources. Harvick has one year remaining on his contract with RCR, but the Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship deal on the #29 Chvey ends at the end of this season, and Harvick is trying to move with it to Stewart-Haas. Tony Stewart has said his team is interested in running a third car in Sprint Cup in 2010. Childress is in a tough spot. He could hold Harvick to the contract and try to re-sign Shell/Pennzoil, but in a performance-based business, the Stewart-Haas option, undoubtedly, is more appealing to the gas and oil company. If Shell/Penzoil decides to leave, Childress has to find $15 million to $20 million in sponsorship to replace it -- a very difficult prospect in this economy. Harvick would also bring additional Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series capability to the organization, joining the JR Motorsports operation owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Rick Hendrick. Kevin Harvick Inc. competes in both series.(Sports Illustrated)(7-14-2009) Comment here

RCR is in pretty bad shape right now and the near future does not look very rosy... Mears is a joke, Burton is having a rough patch and Harvick wants out... Bowyer is the only somewhat bright spot there at RCR...

My best short term suggestion for RCR is to let Harvick and the sponsorship go without a fight in a dignified way (dont go all Teresa E. on them) then cut Mears loose and bring in Danica. Run the team with three drivers Burton to train and mentor Patrick and Bowyer to run well for the group. Danica will bring $ to the team and sell t-shirts and die-casts... They may get one or none in the chase but the three car team will be a much stronger unit into the future... If he can keep sponsorship for four teams then he can keep Mears, but only if he has solid sponsorship on the other three cars and Mears car...

Just my 2 cents:D

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
She may not last or ever win in NASCAR but she would put people in the seats and eyeballs on the TV... Exactly what NASCAR, car owners and sponsors want!

How's this for silly season news: (per Jayski.com and aol.com)

Harvick wants out at RCR? Kevin Harvick has told Richard Childress he would like to leave after this season, according to multiple sources. Harvick has one year remaining on his contract with RCR, but the Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship deal on the #29 Chvey ends at the end of this season, and Harvick is trying to move with it to Stewart-Haas. Tony Stewart has said his team is interested in running a third car in Sprint Cup in 2010. Childress is in a tough spot. He could hold Harvick to the contract and try to re-sign Shell/Pennzoil, but in a performance-based business, the Stewart-Haas option, undoubtedly, is more appealing to the gas and oil company. If Shell/Penzoil decides to leave, Childress has to find $15 million to $20 million in sponsorship to replace it -- a very difficult prospect in this economy. Harvick would also bring additional Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series capability to the organization, joining the JR Motorsports operation owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Rick Hendrick. Kevin Harvick Inc. competes in both series.(Sports Illustrated)(7-14-2009) Comment here

RCR is in pretty bad shape right now and the near future does not look very rosy... Mears is a joke, Burton is having a rough patch and Harvick wants out... Bowyer is the only somewhat bright spot there at RCR...

My best short term suggestion for RCR is to let Harvick and the sponsorship go without a fight in a dignified way (dont go all Teresa E. on them) then cut Mears loose and bring in Danica. Run the team with three drivers Burton to train and mentor Patrick and Bowyer to run well for the group. Danica will bring $ to the team and sell t-shirts and die-casts... They may get one or none in the chase but the three car team will be a much stronger unit into the future... If he can keep sponsorship for four teams then he can keep Mears, but only if he has solid sponsorship on the other three cars and Mears car...

Just my 2 cents:D

That's great. Harvicks in my top 5 favorite drivers, and Stewart's my favorite driver.
I was wishing that RG would do something with stewart haas, but he's a little too hard headed for that.

Robby needs to do something soon, either add a car or move to another team.

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
watching NASCAR now on ESPN2, and they said Red Bull racing could go to Chevy for 2010, and maybe that Harvick would go to Red Bull racing. that would just mix everything up. 1: would they add another car, or get rid of Vickers or Scott Speed? 2: if they got rid of Vickers or speed, where would the one that got ditched go? RGM or RCR maybe? 3: with that empty spot at RCR, who would fill it?

but hey. none of this could happen at all! this is too complicated.

Also, is Robby going to make it 5 for 5 with switching manufacturers? hehe