• Forum membership has its advantages....

Silver Chevy Race Prerunner

Ryno

I was on 405 south on Tuesday. I saw a 88-98 Body Silver Chevy, being towed by a grey Excursion. The truck was fully built, and looked awesome, but no decals, numbers, etc. Anybody knows who's this is? I want to get ahold of them. The cab looked stock, ie-dash, etc...but everything else was tube frame and LOTS of travel. Thanks for any info.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

John Bitting

Administrator
It was probably the old Newhan prerunner. Bob Shepard the protruck racer owns it now. It is in our Dezert People video, Is that the same one you saw?? Extra Cab, 37's sits real low.. SUPER SICK

RacerX

Jeff Darland just bought the truck. It was for sale on the Giesers Bros. website and then i heard Darland bought it. He races a class 1 car

Ryno

John-

I believe that would be it. It had me drooling. I just want to know who did the engineering and the work. It is a way sick truck. If you have any other info it would be appreciated. Thanks

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

John Bitting

Administrator
Mark Newhan originally built that truck and yes I went over it with a fine tooth comb. It is basically a 3 seat trophy truck. It has a crate motor in it with intake manifold to save room instead of big headers.. He sold it for around $120k and I heard Bob put about $40-$50k more into it converting it to make longer runs. He moved the fuel cell under the back window added dual spares out back moved the coolers up and made those shrouds that wrap around the windows of the extra cab. The Wheelbase was shortened to around 130 and it had 3 taylor seats inside with a stock dash with liquid gages in place of factory gauges, fox coilover and bypasses per wheel.. It was in Off-road mag awhile ago and Curtis from JD Fab had pics of it being built but I cant find them. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me..