Silver State 300 Quad 2011

TKowns

Reaction
The Silver State 300 race is coming up in a few months on April 29-30 and I was planning on racing that on the Quads. But I got a few questions if anyone can answer them I would like that. (This will be my first Desert race and im 17 years old)
Where do i get race radios so I can communicate with my Pit Crew?
How much miles approximately is this race?
Can I use a gps?
How much is entry fees for Quads?
Where can I get a transponder? Or do I not need one?
If anyone can answer these I would really appreciate that. =D

D Bergstrom

Reaction
Where do i get race radios so I can communicate with my Pit Crew?
This is where I bought mine from: www.helmetkits.com
How much miles approximately is this race?
It has been different every year, usually between 300 and 320. Won't know for sure until BITD releases the info, probably in about a month.
Can I use a gps?
You can, but you don't need it. BITD courses are well marked.
How much is entry fees for Quads?
Last year Sportsman team was $600, ironman was $400. No idea what it will be this year.
Where can I get a transponder? Or do I not need one?
Yes you need one, you can get it from BITD at signups.

Answers are above in bold. So this will be your first ever desert race? Not sure I would pick this one as your very first, I would try out some local stuff first, JMHO.

Doug

ikikazz73

Reaction
you shut your face Doug, you act like you race. :p

I think that racing a BITD race (with cars and trucks) for your first race is asking to get hurt. try out some local races (San Diego has local races, start there)

TKowns

Reaction
@D Bergstrom thanks for the help and yes this would my first desert race but I have about 15 years of riding expierence and rode in almost every time of environment from Mountain Trails to Sand Dunes. Only thing I have never been in is silt other than that I have been riding quads and dirt bikes since I was 2 years old and I believe I could handle any type of environment or obsticle that comes my way.
@bajakeanu I will probably give you a call later on once the race gets closer and I get more information about this race, if I need radios and cant get any I will definitly give you a call, thank you.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
...and look out for the Ute's. Start right after the sportsman quads in the morning and the top UTV guys are faster than 80+% of the quads. Wasn't the case a few years ago, but is true now. So when you feel, hear, or sense a fire breathing golf cart behind you...look and move over safely. Once the Ute's are through you will have a bit of breather before the Trophy Trucks catch you at the end of the race. Be safe and have fun!

TKowns

Reaction
@bajaxp Ya Im not to worried about the UTV Rhino guys passing me, its just the Trophy Trucks and Class 1 Buggies that start a few hours behind the MX and ATV Riders I believe. Im just going into this race just to have fun and since its my first offroad desert race, Im not planning on breaking any land speed records just to make it to the finish line, Im just going to take it easy and just go at a steady pace and hopefully finish before the Trophy Trucks get to me. Also since I never entered any offroad races before, I only been on the side lines watching, I dont think I will be coming in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in this race even though I could have a good chance at getting that cause Im sort-of experienced rider. I will be racing to finish and if I like it I will do more races throughout the year. I will be racing my Honda 450R quad. So ya...Thanks Bajaxp