Silver State 300

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I think all entries were down, except maybe UTV’s. That was the smallest 6100 and TT entries I have seen at a BITD race.

I think the Pre run getting canceled did not help.

I am more concerned with the lack of speeding penalties and or rule violations. BITD had a chance to make a point on rules enforcement and they went the opposite way and did less than ever. The smallest penalty list of any BITD race.

Personally if they are not going to enforce rules there is no point racing with them. I think I am not alone in this.

Mike

Also interesting that the Legacy race has more unlimited and 6100 entries and still two weeks away. Might be a show of things to come.

T.martin

Reaction
Largest field of UTVs in a race I have participated in. The braking bumps in to corners and the acceleration bumps out of corners were on a whole new level at this race.

cynicwanderer

Reaction
can someone explain the LegacyBITD split (in PM is OK) ? I don't understand/know why this happened. I wonder whether having yet another race org might dilute things, since not everyone is going to chase points in both series.

Tube ride

Reaction
Casey folks was a iconoclast artist revolutionary mad scientist. He was Passion Driven not Profit , I heard he never made any significant profits from racing . He owned commercial real estate and made a humble profit as a landlord. Now everyone needs / wants to make a profit with their time. IMO

10 shot

Reaction
More races = less entries pretty simple we cant race all of them so you have to pick the good ones. Did u see all the trophy lights are now with legacy? Donald has it down he knows more ppl gets things done. Silverstate has always been light entries because its graded roads and a few silt beds. Hard to pass because everyone can pin it on a smooth road. Its going to come down to bang for your buck. Parker 425 and the mint 400 are about the only true desert races left in the usa

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Also interesting that the Legacy race has more unlimited and 6100 entries and still two weeks away. Might be a show of things to come.
The uniqueness of the Baja Nevada race is for sure drawing some interest. Going to be a great adventure of a race. Many racers I know have prepped for the legacy race and could not afford both BITD and Legacy back to back with logistics and race prep. If it is a hit, I can see this race added to the list of Vegas to Reno, Baja 1000 and Baja Nevada as must do races. Our team is excited and ready for it. Always happy to serve our racers and be there for them. See you all on the course on Friday 14th.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
More races = less entries pretty simple we cant race all of them so you have to pick the good ones. Did u see all the trophy lights are now with legacy? Donald has it down he knows more ppl gets things done. Silverstate has always been light entries because its graded roads and a few silt beds. Hard to pass because everyone can pin it on a smooth road. Its going to come down to bang for your buck. Parker 425 and the mint 400 are about the only true desert races left in the usa
Ever been to Barstow???

MTPyle

Reaction
results are still unofficial on the BITD website. Zero speed penalties have been given so I expect there are more to come. If they make them official with no speed penalties thats bad. And if they come in this late with a bunch of penalties thats also bad. Would suck to get a trophy home on the shelf and a week later be told you need to send it to a competitor.

With a few trackers that did not work it will also make things interesting.

As a side note at the SCORE SF250 this year they put the main Stella tracker in the cab and added a back up tracker in a bag on the back of the vehicle. They said it gives a back up but also makes it hard for people to just unplug the tracker. Why would anyone do that? Hehe.

For comparison here is the penalties from the SF250 in 280 miles there was 28 speeding penalties.

IMG_1774.jpeg

J Prich

Reaction
results are still unofficial on the BITD website. Zero speed penalties have been given so I expect there are more to come. If they make them official with no speed penalties thats bad. And if they come in this late with a bunch of penalties thats also bad. Would suck to get a trophy home on the shelf and a week later be told you need to send it to a competitor.

With a few trackers that did not work it will also make things interesting.

As a side note at the SCORE SF250 this year they put the main Stella tracker in the cab and added a back up tracker in a bag on the back of the vehicle. They said it gives a back up but also makes it hard for people to just unplug the tracker. Why would anyone do that? Hehe.

For comparison here is the penalties from the SF250 in 280 miles there was 28 speeding penalties.

View attachment 225816
How many speed zones were there for Silver State? I honestly don't know, just curious if that could account for more speeding penalties for SF250. Aside from pits, were there any race course speed zones for Silver State?

Also, kind of a slippery slope convo regarding "official" results. As an org do you push out results quicker even though there could be info regarding penalties you didn't get to fully assess...for the sake of getting results out quick? Or do you delay official results to get it right, but risk having to back track on awards already given? In a perfect world an org would be able to assess protests, tracker data, etc ASAP and get instant ish results but the technology doesn't always allow that. Unless you use more costly methods, which then get passed on to the racer. Pick your poison.

MTPyle

Reaction
Way less speed zones at Silverstate than SF250. But last year there was 29 speed penalties given at silver state by BITD. So about the same as SF250 even though less speed zones.

To go from 29 last year to 0 this year would be very odd.

Pretty sure they get the data from Racing trax right after the race is over. I am sure David can chime in but I dont think it takes days. maybe it does.

Either way to not have any speed violations by now is interesting.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Here is last years speed penalties for SS300. I had counted wrong before, there were 27 speed penalties not 29.

Edit - It did take 4 days to get the last years official results out. So maybe this is a normal process and we will see them today or tomorrow.

Attachments

• 113D8192-83EE-461D-82EC-AD606FF645C5.jpeg
    113D8192-83EE-461D-82EC-AD606FF645C5.jpeg
    808.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Rcamp99

Reaction
Here is last years speed penalties for SS300. I had counted wrong before, there were 27 speed penalties not 29.

Edit - It did take 4 days to get the last years official results out. So maybe this is a normal process and we will see them today or tomorrow.
Management is still in Alamo/ race area handling official business for a few days and always is after every race. Same deal at every single BITD race. Takes them a little while to review data and make sure it’s a purposeful speed/ course diversion/ etc. @RacingTraX would love to hear your input.

MTPyle

Reaction
It’s been 6 days since the race and still no official results or penalties for the SS300. Unbelievable. What’s taking them so long?

I know they are good people and want to do the right thing. There must be some drama keeping them from releasing the official results. Which makes me even more curios. Haha
Mike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
It’s been 6 days since the race and still no official results or penalties for the SS300. Unbelievable. What’s taking them so long?

I know they are good people and want to do the right thing. There must be some drama keeping them from releasing the official results. Which makes me even more curios. Haha
Mike

That's why I haven't added them to the results section of the forum yet. Curious to see if there are any big changes...

MTPyle

Reaction
They get the data from Racingtrax real-time so we know it’s not Racingtrax holding the processes up.

There has to be penalties that move people around.

In a time that we are saying they need official results at the podium BITD is going the opposite way and taking a week. that’s not good progress.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Official results are out and zero penalties for trucks. Well done everyone. First race in BITD history that not one truck sped or did anything wrong. Proud of you guys. LOL.

What a mess. The worst year of rules enforcement in BITD history. In my opinion that cheapens the series. Without rules what is a race series?

I may be too harsh and maybe others like the lack of rules enforcement. It’s like the Wild West. Or like one of my favorite ski movies Hot Dog where they had the Chinese Downhill with no rules. WTF is a Chinese downhill?. LOL. Great movie.

Mike