Silver State 300

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I am planning on racing the SS300, but was wondering if anybody has some info:
-last years map (I know if will be different this year)
-compared to V2R, faster average or slower?
-who is planning on going?
-terrain compared to V2R?

Any info would be appreciated! :)

MP

TJERGENSEN

Reaction
500 turns,great rollers, 90 mph jumps w/100 feet of air,pine trees, more turns, washs.views,down hills, bridges, some silt, some more turns, great chase race crew will have a good time. and some more turns.

Race8100

Reaction
it's a great course. probably the best of the season. Plus, this year he's talking about it ending closer to Alamo then Mesquite, thus getting rid of the 20+ miles of 'transfer section' at 20mph at the end. Though, knowing the roads and terrain in that area, it's going to be interesting to see how that is pulled off. Supposed to be closer to 325 this year. It is really a great course to run.

HTH.

PK CINCO

Reaction
Casey has a pretty good description of whats going to happen on the web site, there is no course map up yet ( for obvious reasons) if you use last years map you can probibly figure out whats going to happen, the pre-fun run is the same week end as "score primm event" from the entry list at primm, there might be more fun runners out than racers.....i did hear others at v2r mention that they liked ss300 course also.

JUST WONDERING WHO WILL BE SPONSORING THE BIKINI CLAD " GOOD LUCK SEND OFF CREW" OUT ON THE COURSE LIKE LAST RACE?

Last edited:

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Thanks...looking forward to this one! We are going to Iron Man this one with a 'chinese fire drill' in the middle...eg driver and co-dog swap seats half way. Should be interesting.

SplitFusion2390

Reaction
Hows spectating work for this race. Is the course open to spectators. I couldnt find any info on BITD site.

OldGreen

Reaction
Last year the pits were open so you could spectate.

Jangaard

Reaction
500 turns,great rollers, 90 mph jumps w/100 feet of air,pine trees, more turns, washs.views,down hills, bridges, some silt, some more turns, great chase race crew will have a good time. and some more turns.
Yes he said it perfect! Silt, washes,silt,and lots of big high speed rolling jumps at the end. Lots of fun!

Mark_Weyhrich

Reaction
Last year's map is irrelevant. There is 150 miles of all-new race course for this year.

Las year was an incredible course. It was the most diverse terrain I have raced on in the US since the Nevada 2000.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Last year's map is irrelevant. There is 150 miles of all-new race course for this year.

Las year was an incredible course. It was the most diverse terrain I have raced on in the US since the Nevada 2000.
Not being their I still agree. From the piks it looks absolutely amazing! Id love to be able to spectate this one!

Lance T

Reaction
Hows spectating work for this race. Is the course open to spectators. I couldnt find any info on BITD site.
We ended up shooting for a pit and ended up in a awesome spot in the middle of no where with some good action. The finish last year got a little crowded...it was a good time!

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Ive heard hard to chase, But have not done it yet.
We'll be there though!