• Forum membership has its advantages....

Single seat buggies, why so few?

harleys dad

well, when we get stuck in sand in our Class 11, the co-driver gets out and digs/places trax/pushes until they get out, but you're welcome to wait for the tow truck... I also ride bikes, and single seaters are nothing like caged dirt bikes. we can pick good lines, transfer our weight and the "driver" can push while operating the throttle if necessary. your mileage may vary, of course.
in 46 years racing 11 off and on i have never been stuck in a 11, never the laughable speeds I see in class 11 on tracking is laughable

cynicwanderer

in 46 years racing 11 off and on i have never been stuck in a 11, never the laughable speeds I see in class 11 on tracking is laughable
that's great, you must be an awesome driver ;-) anyway, I'm amazed how little they actually do get stuck and how they just kind of "skate" over the silt like a boat with paddle wheels... lol

jon coleman

cls 11 are bloody fast!!!, one of the last plaster city race's , more, snore race i believe, had i think 4- 5 of them, they started behind my cls, non points 1700 race, there for fun , ( my excuse, people, )they All caught me!!, at first i just got on it and stayed ahead, then i thought, ' oh great, you jackrabbit jacka$$, so, sure as sh t , those guys were Battling, and i made it Very easy as they All caught me, each time i would try to keep up, Daaaamn, they are on it!!!

Wendell #527

cls 11 are bloody fast!!!, one of the last plaster city race's , more, snore race i believe, had i think 4- 5 of them, they started behind my cls, non points 1700 race, there for fun , ( my excuse, people, )they All caught me!!, at first i just got on it and stayed ahead, then i thought, ' oh great, you jackrabbit jacka$$, so, sure as sh t , those guys were Battling, and i made it Very easy as they All caught me, each time i would try to keep up, Daaaamn, they are on it!!!
. Was that the race when the ambulance didn’t show up so they had to delay the start of the race a couple hours while we were all waiting in line at the starting line?

jon coleman

. Was that the race when the ambulance didn’t show up so they had to delay the start of the race a couple hours while we were all waiting in line at the starting line?
now that you mention it, i believe so, all i remember they laid out a track with All the "fun "stuff plaster city has to offer

Joneszenn

I'm owner of a two seater. I want the car to win and I know weight is an issue, but the stories are better coming from two prople. Good memories and always an extra hand if needed.
If I had a single seat car I think I would be less inclined to have anyone else involved in the car because I don't think I would want to give up the driving rights.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

2 seaters are for cool people, Plain and simple.....Badasses!

Single seaters are friendless nerds that take a roll of quarters to the supermarket and ride the firetruck out front....Lol just playin!

harleys dad

when the rider nearly turns into a corpse its makes it very easy to race single seat. We pulled the seat and changed restrictors a couple times last year as riders kept losing the races for us. Journee Richardson is a hell of a tough lady but she could not hang at Barstow

M.Tornel Jr

I have a single seat 10 and i love it, i hate when people talk to me when in driving anyway but it can be a disadvantage if you dont know the course really well