Single seat ,light weight 10 cars with 2.4s vs 2 seat for short course dez races.

1600Steve

RDC Crypto
Our car is light also has a 6 speed Fortin and direct injected 2.4 and goes much faster than 108 ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1387173216.745047.jpg oh and it's for sale

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

B-Dub 1020

RDC Crypto
HA HA I was just starting a conversation and asking what people thought. Cody R. I like the way you think and agree with you that heavy two seaters in long races can take a pounding all day and is that fair to the little light weight cars. Are people past just having conversations anymore and being able to give opinions without it being their opinion is the only one without harshness lol. So what I gather so far is if you have a lite weight single seat race short course events and if you have a heavier 2 seat race longer rougher events. OR like Cody F said take everything you can out of your two seat including the seat and give it hell. Works for me. Sorry I wanted to chat about class 10 after watching Laughlin Sunday. Cant wait to go to class 1 haha!

Last edited:

little-E

RDC Crypto
I would like to think that class 10 is a drivers class more so then just a bring what ever Big money can buy to win. I like what SNORE has done to try and keep the racing even and competative. By putting a weight limit on the cars I think keeps it some what competative, but not to far off from giving 1 or 2 seaters there advantages and disadvantages depending on the course. I run, well used to run til we just sold it to start our 6100 truck, a 2 seat 10 car that weighs 2500 lbs, less drivers. So even for us to get to the SNORE weights would be near imposible, with out starting from scratch. To be honest the heavier cars work better in the rough, slow as hell in the sand, especially when running a torque converter. But we still managed to put up fast lap times, heck at the MORE chili cookoff we were only 30 secs off Freeman on the first lap, him starting 3rd and us 12th so its possible to keep pace with any car if you drive it right and have a flawless day. Cause after the first lap, well racing happend. I think rules and limits are a good thing for the limited classes thats what makes the racing fun, I think they should have a buy out motor deal at the end of every race like in the old days of class 9. put up $3-4-5k and you can buy the leaders motor. Just a thought.
Blast Away!

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
RDC Crypto
Website
www.danzioracing.com
NO rule change necessary. As a matter of fact, I don't think that there should even be a weight limit at all. Class 10 is unlimited car, limited engine. The only weight rule should be tubing size for roll cage safety. Those should be the only rules. I hear it all being in the business we are in. A lot of people get their feelings hurt when they get beat and want rule changes, or think someone is cheating, etc... I love the fact of being creative when it comes to the car setup. You put a guy like Cody freeman, who is a super talented driver, in a car that they have spend many hours testing and thinking about things in, and it is hard to beat. The rules shouldn't be changed to penalize people/teams that are extraordinary!!! The other guys should have the duty to improve themselves and catch up.

B-Dub 1020

RDC Crypto
I like people being able to express their opinions without being told to shut up or mocked. I like hearing what people think. Is this not a chat board for entertainment. Oh and come on do you really think promoters are going to change their rules because of what people say on this site NOT! Heck I understand that Lapaglia in a two seat with a turnkey standard injection engine and mephi ignition can beat most class 1 guys. Its just chat if you don't want to be cool than go on facebook or something LOL.

Cheater

RDC Crypto
No lbs. limit!!!! But I would like a big bore low compression motor though....

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Now your talking!! All these changes allowing all the 2.4 eco and 2.4 Honda and the little VW is still the same. Seems silly. There is a chance I will be at Parker with a VW just to see how it stacks up. Just curious so why not try.

BSchlimme

RDC Crypto
Same rules period! Unlimited class with limited motor...you pick your poison (single seater or two seater).

Thinking the way you think I would say on the longer races the co-driver has to wear a blind fold and have their arms tied behind their back:)

Wise words.

The only thing I missed when we went from Class 10 to Class 1 were all the zero's behind that 1 that were needed.

Too many rules championed by individuals looking to further their cause.

I still chuckle from the day I heard one Type 4 proponent say rules were needed to be modified to make a more cost effective option against the Toyota's and Honda's then proceeded to tell how he was going to dry sump it etc. Yeah right.....

I'll keep my opinions out of this conversation cause unlike Charles my 10 car no longer sits in my garage. Sure do like the driving the 550hp V8 that cost less then the 160hp Toyota though. :)

B-Dub 1020

RDC Crypto
Hey T-Bags great idea, let that VW run baby. Hell lets get the Toyota 22 r with the same electra motive ignition and a carb like we ran with 4age' s that's what I always wanted. Seriously though there should have been VW changes made. Hope all is well brother.

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
I would like to think that class 10 is a drivers class more so then just a bring what ever Big money can buy to win. I like what SNORE has done to try and keep the racing even and competative. By putting a weight limit on the cars I think keeps it some what competative, but not to far off from giving 1 or 2 seaters there advantages and disadvantages depending on the course. I run, well used to run til we just sold it to start our 6100 truck, a 2 seat 10 car that weighs 2500 lbs, less drivers. So even for us to get to the SNORE weights would be near imposible, with out starting from scratch. To be honest the heavier cars work better in the rough, slow as hell in the sand, especially when running a torque converter. But we still managed to put up fast lap times, heck at the MORE chili cookoff we were only 30 secs off Freeman on the first lap, him starting 3rd and us 12th so its possible to keep pace with any car if you drive it right and have a flawless day. Cause after the first lap, well racing happend. I think rules and limits are a good thing for the limited classes thats what makes the racing fun, I think they should have a buy out motor deal at the end of every race like in the old days of class 9. put up $3-4-5k and you can buy the leaders motor. Just a thought.
Blast Away!

I paid $1250 for my junkyard motor that went 110mph at Henderson. I would be willing to take $2500 if someone wants to claim it. lol

B-Dub 1020

RDC Crypto
Wise words.

The only thing I missed when we went from Class 10 to Class 1 were all the zero's behind that 1 that were needed.

Too many rules championed by individuals looking to further their cause.

I still chuckle from the day I heard one Type 4 proponent say rules were needed to be modified to make a more cost effective option against the Toyota's and Honda's then proceeded to tell how he was going to dry sump it etc. Yeah right.....

I'll keep my opinions out of this conversation cause unlike Charles my 10 car no longer sits in my garage. Sure do like the driving the 550hp V8 that cost less then the 160hp Toyota though. :)
Well spoken , I cant wait to drop a v-8 in our 2800lb Jimco and go for it. Its built the same as Berri's and Hovey's cars. Saving the the extra zero's lol

rpmrich

RDC Crypto
Website
www.rpmmuffler.com
I just raced Rage at the River Laughlin in 1073. My car weighs 2600 lbs normally, and shaved off 100 lbs for the race, so at the end of the race it weighed in at 2500 lbs plus two 200 lb guys in the car. We couldn't keep the same pace as the single seaters, but we were still able to turn a fast lap time of 11:59, which I think is damn good for a heavy car. I had a great time and it was one of the funnest races I've ran just trying to keep up with Freeman. He is stupid fast and deserved to win!

Personally I'd rather have a heavier car that doesn't break, then a lighter and slightly faster car.

mccallumracing

RDC Crypto
I paid $1250 for my junkyard motor that went 110mph at Henderson. I would be willing to take $2500 if someone wants to claim it. lol

I'll take it for $2500, complete with computer right? Think you have a little more than $1250 in that engine. Lol

x9racer

RDC Crypto
Now your talking!! All these changes allowing all the 2.4 eco and 2.4 Honda and the little VW is still the same. Seems silly. There is a chance I will be at Parker with a VW just to see how it stacks up. Just curious so why not try.

Did you see snore's air cooled 10 rules

Air Cooled Engines
Single-seat 2100cc – four (4) cylinder push rod.
May utilize two (2) carburetors or stock fuel injection.
Two-seat 2180cc – four (4) cylinder push rod.

ScottWisdom

RDC Crypto
Did you see snore's air cooled 10 rules

Air Cooled Engines
Single-seat 2100cc – four (4) cylinder push rod.
Two-seat 2180cc – four (4) cylinder push rod.

Those cc's are not nearly enough for an air cooled to be competitive with the ecotecs or hondas. At least give them a fighting chance. There should be a much larger cc option for air cooled engines that provides equivalent hp and torque (or as close to it as they can get).