• Forum membership has its advantages....

Site upgrades

Klaus

Administrator
We are undergoing website upgrades starting today.

If you got redirected here from the home page of race-dezert.com please enjoy the forum and classifieds while we bring the new in.

firedog

Is white the new??? thought I was logging into a pirate website since it's all different! Am I at the "correct" race-dezert??

Klaus

Administrator
The forum is a newer version of the same software (xenforo).

- We removed the thumbs down dislike feature since it from its introduction caused some controversy. Thinking it over we decided that it in reality is a "negative" feature. If you don't like a post simply deal with it by not taking it personal or unfollowing the poster ( click on offending posters profile and unfollow) or complaint to us and we may delete offending content.

- There is a new add-on we created that allows you the forum member decide on your own level of language filtering (censorship) you yourself want to read here. All guests default to us filtering some words that are considered profanity. As a registered forum member you may turn that off and see exactly what people are typing.

Simply go to Account > Preferences > Censorship and enable/disable censorship.

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 15.34.42.png

- More support for embedding 3rd party media such as fb videos and many other media sites.

- Tapatalk. We are stepping away from tapatalk since our responsive design makes mobile device use easy now without 3rd party app. Plus tapatalk as a company is pushing their product into a direction we don't see eye to eye with.

Klaus

Administrator
Is white the new??? thought I was logging into a pirate website since it's all different! Am I at the "correct" race-dezert??
yeah we went with a light colored design. Perhaps it takes some getting used to it.

_

In the updates, how about removing the entirety of "PURPLE". Much of what is posted there is not an accurate representation of the Off-Road Industry as a whole and is not only embarrassing, many posts made are downright insulting and far from an accurate representation of persons within this industry. Unfortunately, the naivety of persons who may visit RDZ for potential sponsorship offerings, political reasons and/or to better understand this industry, receive a very unfair and biased representation.

Klaus

Administrator
In the updates, how about removing the entirety of "PURPLE". Much of what is posted there is not an accurate representation of the Off-Road Industry as a whole and is not only embarrassing, many posts made are downright insulting and far from an accurate representation of persons within this industry. Unfortunately, the naivety of persons who may visit RDZ for potential sponsorship offerings, political reasons and/or to better understand this industry, receive a very unfair and biased representation.
Appreciate the feedback..but purple is good for the site. That subforum is only viewable for registered members hence any offensive discussion is limited to forum members and guests don't even see it. On the surface it seems like a rough bunch that participates in purple but they can handle themselves and at the end its just words that get shared.

There is a mainstream trend going on and that is to restrict the speech and ideas of others. You see it on facebook, youtube, wikipedia, google search results etc. The more I see the global censorship of ideas happening the more we will make sure to have a place like purple.

However if purple indeed is a big eyesore for many we may tug it away out of sight more but we have zero intention to shut it down.

Mike321

- Tapatalk. We are stepping away from tapatalk since our responsive design makes mobile device use easy now without 3rd party app. Plus tapatalk as a company is pushing their product into a direction we don't see eye to eye with.
Overall it is looking good, but folks that used the app -- it just stopped working. I liked the multi view feature, but that doesn't seem to work with just mobile.

FYI ~20% of the screen is dedicated to promoting the aforementioned feature and the "Give it a try" link doesn't work using an iphone.

rd.PNG

Last edited:

Klaus

Administrator
Overall it is looking good, but folks that used the app -- it just stopped working. I liked the multi view feature, but that doesn't seem to work with just mobile.

FYI ~20% of the screen is dedicated to promoting the aforementioned feature and the "Give it a try" link doesn't work using an iphone.

View attachment 191887
good feedback.
The multiview notice is now disabled... an oversight.

The multiview feature was a custom add-on that is no longer available with this never version of the forum. Once it becomes available I will add it again.

Mike321

From a navigation perspective, once you enter the store -- you cant't get back.

Classified section does not appear to be updated.

The increase in email might be too much already.

Note: I do like the changes, the NPS score is higher on my end then it was before. We'll see about email....

Mike321

good feedback.
The multiview notice is now disabled... an oversight.

The multiview feature was a custom add-on that is no longer available with this never version of the forum. Once it becomes available I will add it again.
That was quick :) The Mark Read button no longer works. Moving the Watch function somewhere else would free up space for additional thread or two to display?

Klaus

Administrator
From a navigation perspective, once you enter the store -- you cant't get back.

Classified section does not appear to be updated.

The increase in email might be too much already.

Note: I do like the changes, the NPS score is higher on my end then it was before. We'll see about email....
Yes the store navigation is not working. On it.

The re-themed Classifieds have not been launched yet. That is scheduled for tomorrow. I picked one site area per day to role out.

What increase in email? Forum generated emails ?

Mike321

Yes the store navigation is not working. On it.

The re-themed Classifieds have not been launched yet. That is scheduled for tomorrow. I picked one site area per day to role out.

What increase in email? Forum generated emails ?
Re: Emails -- yeah, to forums. I don't need to know of every new message posted that does not involve me. A reply to something I posted, I understand. I don't need every new post though.

Robin Hood

The forumn threads don't seem to allow me to go to the last read? How does this feature work on the new format?

Bricoop

The forum is a newer version of the same software (xenforo).

- We removed the thumbs down dislike feature since it from its introduction caused some controversy. Thinking it over we decided that it in reality is a "negative" feature. If you don't like a post simply deal with it by not taking it personal or unfollowing the poster ( click on offending posters profile and unfollow) or complaint to us and we may delete offending content.

- There is a new add-on we created that allows you the forum member decide on your own level of language filtering (censorship) you yourself want to read here. All guests default to us filtering some words that are considered profanity. As a registered forum member you may turn that off and see exactly what people are typing.

Simply go to Account > Preferences > Censorship and enable/disable censorship.

View attachment 191880

- More support for embedding 3rd party media such as fb videos and many other media sites.

I failed high school Yeah. Hell, ****, crap

Edit, just testing it out. :)

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Looks like there is something funky up with the classifieds @klaus - it's asking me for some log in credentials. If you push cancel it goes away, but it pops up every time. Just a heads up

Klaus

Administrator
Looks like there is something funky up with the classifieds @klaus - it's asking me for some log in credentials. If you push cancel it goes away, but it pops up every time. Just a heads up
thanks.... should be good now.