• Forum membership has its advantages....

Skull Rush 250

Dirtman

Quite a little heat wave now predicted for this week. Depending on app looks like well into 90;s or just over 100. Maybe start time should move up an hour or two? I'm on mountain time so earlier is better for me! So stoked to get back out there in any case.

snoreracer

The main pit is at 4550 ft , the lowest spot on the track and will be about 70 at the 8:30 start from there it runs as high as 6700 ft at pit C and will be cool as there will be a breeze of 25 mph. Since most at apps for weather don't show Caliente they show a Utah town about 45 miles away the weather channel says low of 65 high 95. It will be fine in the outer pits A is about 5900 feet and pit B is 5300 feet

43mod

Any thoughts on room availability ? Just now thinking i can come fun run and help out where needed fri/sat. Camping ok but a shower sure would be nice.

Frank13

Any thoughts on room availability ? Just now thinking i can come fun run and help out where needed fri/sat. Camping ok but a shower sure would be nice.
Rooms are sold out. Youngs Campground had a some room for tent camping when I called the other day. We’re just going to camp at our checkpoint.

snoreracer

Yes the town is sold out there are still rooms in Alamo about an hour away

The Alamo Inn
300 North U.S. Highway 93
(775) 725-3371

Sunset View Inn

1144 U.S. Highway 93
(775) 725-3283
Page

Timbers Lodging & Grill

U.S. Highway 93, Windmill Circle
(775) 725-3685
Motel & Restaurant in Alamo NV | Timbers Lodging & Grill

snoreracer

Yes the town is sold out there are still rooms in Alamo about an hour away

The Alamo Inn
300 North U.S. Highway 93
(775) 725-3371

Sunset View Inn

1144 U.S. Highway 93
(775) 725-3283
Page

Timbers Lodging & Grill

U.S. Highway 93, Windmill Circle
(775) 725-3685
Motel & R
Panaca has 2 places about 10 minutes out of town
Cathedral Gorge Vacation Home

109 South U.S. Highway 93
Panaca, Nevada
(775) 728-4263
https://www.facebook.com/CathedralGorgeInn

Pine Tree Inn and Bakery

412 North Third Street
Panaca, Nevada
(775) 728-4675
Home

snoreracer

Looks like This Skull rush 250 will have a big turn out this year . If this is your 1st time going to Caliente for the race a few things you will need to know . The sheriff is a stickler for the 25 MPH speed limit is town so please respect that. DUI is another, 2 years in a row the winner of the race was picked up for DUI . Stay out of the RxR yard . The sheriff lets the racers run SxS on the road as long as you obey the speed limit and traffic laws , don't abuse this as it will affect all racers. Next have a good time and enjoy the race but respect the town

cal hill.jpg

snoreracer

Pit directions to A leaving Main pit turn left on US 93 go 4.8 miles to Beaver dam rd and turn right go 4.7 miles the pit is on the right speed limit on Beaver dam rd is 35 the sheriff will be there with radar. Pit B from Main pit turn right on US 93 and head back into town 1/2 mile turn left at the hot springs sign and take a right after the track and go 4.2 miles to the RxR crossing and turn right and you are there . This pit is not accessible during the race because you have to get on the track to get to it . From pit B continue on the track 4.9 miles and stay strait at the fork you are now off the track . Go 6 more miles and you are at pit C . THIS IS A NO CHASE RACE

R. Gross

Kenny,
I know everyone is getting back from course marking and the Memorial weekend, but do you know when the maps and GPS files will be loaded onto the SNORE website.

snoreracer

Kenny,
I know everyone is getting back from course marking and the Memorial weekend, but do you know when the maps and GPS files will be loaded onto the SNORE website.
Robert the gps will be available at tech there were some minor changes and here is the map
2020 CALIENTE NEW (1).jpg

snoreracer

Kenny,
Robert this is the new map with the change of not crossing under the RxR tracks UPRR said no to that
CALIENTE 2020 RXR CROSS.jpg