Skunkz

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
We visited Porter Race Cars shop ( Alan Pflueger Trophy Truck

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://race-dezert.com/skunkz/porter_a/index.html>Unlimited Class-A Car for South Africa</A>

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by John_Bitting on 04/18/03 01:47 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Jack

Reaction
Must be somthing special about the front glass they don't want to show.

dunerking

Reaction
Thanks for the new skunk stuff! That right hand drive would throw me off.But I guess it would be like a boat.

hit it hard

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
the pedals are the same as ours clutch, brake, gas but the shifter is on the left...that would take some practice.

tkr

Reaction
is the shift pattern the same or reversed?

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

martininsocal

Reaction
same shift pattern. only difference is the side you sit on. I used to do gray market car conversions and got to drive several right hand drive cars. It really isn't that hard to get used to.

If your gonna go, go BIG

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction

How does the rear end hook up with the transmission? does the driveshaft go at an angle to it?

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

michael_loomis

Reaction
you are correct on the v-drive.

great work on the skunkz !!

Motorider

Reaction
I've got a question about the motor, is it only going to be supported by the plate at the rear? or are they going to install other motor mounts?

Attachments

jcorsico

Reaction
There is probably going to be another plate that connects with the front of the engine. It would be silly to cantilever it.

Attached is a photo of Larry Ragland's Trophy Truck that has a similar mid-engine setup. You can see the motor plate holding the front of the engine up. I would assume the final Porter set up is going to look similar.

Jon

Attachments

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
On Raglands truck it looks like its only held by the front of the motor. ?? The Porter plate is thick enough to suspend the motor.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
"Thanks for the new skunk stuff! That right hand drive would throw me off.But I guess it would be like a boat."

Seems a lot like a boat...V drive, drive plate, right hand drive....

Looks totally bitchen none the less

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

Porterrace

Reaction
only the buggy is right hand drive. Not the v-drive truck, and yes there are more plates that attatch the motor to the cage. We only use the real motor to build those not the mock ups. they attatch to the heads and each outer edge of the cage to turn the whole thing into one unit.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
It looks like you Chevy boys might finally start to see a Chevy in the winners circle. A Porter TT and Fearless driving, sounds like a winning combo to me...

Thanks for the pics John & Klaus!

I can only lead you to water, I cannot force you to drink it.

Porterrace

Reaction
Thanks, I threw it up on the other thread too, but our website will be greatly updated here shortly. Check it out and let me know what you think.