small square edge hits rattle me?????? 4 tube HELP!!

bullcrew

Reaction
OK so big rollers, dips (some) and jumps it handles really well Im assuming those are slow speed. Small 2x4 (like the board) hits or speed bumps, dips where the rear comes in hard all seem to slam and not bottom just get real violent feeling.
The rear seems to bounce a bit on smaller bumps (ie freeway) when going down the road it doesnt soak em up. It hiots a rythm that jolts the truck up and down.

Bilstein revalved the 4 tube bypasses soft with some flutter stacks but it still feels like its spiking (too much oil flow causing it to raise the truck vs shock shaft) on square edge hits.
Tubes on comp are WIDE open and long rebound is in 4 turns is it possible they need a little comp or a little rebound to help out.

theres 1 long and short rebound and 1 long and short compression which is for high speed and which is for low speed. Rebound tubes are the ones ontop I assume and the comp tubes are the ones toward the ground.

With it wide open no turns its OK but still feels like it spikes the truck.

Rear deaver 64" 87s with bilstein 2.5 4 tube bypass
front is cst with uniball and cst spindle, 700 lb springs with king coilovers

Im putting 4" hydraulic bumps on all 4 corners so I can run a little softer, BTW 700lb coil (16" 3id) on the silverado is PERFECT. 800 unless your tough trucking is too much and is more like a lifted truck carryover.

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
How much of the rod is exposed when sitting at ride height? It sounds like you could use a little more bleed. Id be happy to revalve for you till its just right.

bullcrew

Reaction
How much of the rod is exposed when sitting at ride height? It sounds like you could use a little more bleed. Id be happy to revalve for you till its just right.
Its approx 10" out, I have 7-8 up travel. I had it revalved from stock last week by your guy there (mr mtn biker) Good guy he set up the valving and juan did it.
Was better but it rattles me on square edge hite, I know the link killer is a 10/10 valving apparently with a LARGE main compression tube and a larger bump zone. Its a 2 tube bypass king puts out.
Id be down to have it softer and rely on the bumps more thats why I bought them.

So theres probably not much of a chance its the rebound settings???

I have the comp sides WIDE open and Id like to have them used a little so I can dial it in vs not being able to use them at all....

Chevy 1500 deaver 64" 87 spring pack 1 tire in rear (35) and small cage with hilift jack. Removed 4th from bottom spring in pack to lighten it up a little.

I thought if it was too light on the dampening it wouldnt engage something internally! Just what i heard I have no idea. Id like it SOFT and be able to use my bypass tubes (I paid for them LMAO! :D) ...
Ill probably make it down tomorrow Im in murietta so this is a 60 mile drive each way.

The closest I had it was with a 8000 on rebound and 10000 on compression with all 3 bleed screws removed from the sway aways I had (smooth bodies). Its close to that Id like to be able to hit stuff and not have the truck jar all over and slam.

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction

I have the comp sides WIDE open and Id like to have them used a little so I can dial it in vs not being able to use them at all....

...Id like it SOFT and be able to use my bypass tubes (I paid for them LMAO! :D) ...
Having the tubes open IS using them. And just to be sure, you are opening the compression adjusters (the ones at the bottom of the tube pointing down), correct?

bullcrew

Reaction
Having the tubes open IS using them. And just to be sure, you are opening the compression adjusters (the ones at the bottom of the tube pointing down), correct?
Yea, the tubes pointing to the ground are WIDE open. I look at it as thats the direction of compression they are pointing to and the ones on top are pointing in the direction of rebound!
EEEH works for me to remember! :D

I have the long rebound 4-5 turns in from wide open. the small rebound is wide open

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
Travis, nice to meet you today, hope you liked the revalve, tour, and the tech talk!

bullcrew

Reaction
Travis, nice to meet you today, hope you liked the revalve, tour, and the tech talk!
Dialed the comp/rebound in and got it almost right. Its pushing al;most the full 20"s smooth as well as we rocked some jumps a small road gap and a roller section that was pretty gnar.
Screwed the tie rod up , out of alignment, cam needs to be straightened and my battery broke loose went flying all over rotted a limiting strap busted a hole in the bottom and spewed acid all over stuff.

But it was worth it we hit some big I failed spelling like rockstars! 2 huge thumbs up J I like the revalve....

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
Glad to hear we were able to fill the shocks with Gnar like the blue brand. ;)

Sorry to hear there is some $ick to clean off of the truck. Anything more we can do let me know.