Smog Arbiter/referee

DANKFAB

Reaction
Where can I get in touch with someone to override a minor smog dilemma I have with my truck passing the diagnostics and just get a sniffer test. If you want me to explain my whole problem, I will, but for now I just wanna know where I can get an arbiter/referee to look over my truck and pass me
Any phone numbers, or locations in northern San Diego County would be appreciated. Thanks

tkr

Reaction
try this number. you can find locations and make an appointment.
Call (800) 622-7733

Good luck

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Good luck getting a refiree to just "overlook it and pass you"
On my engine swap in the ranger my truck passed the sniffer test the 1st trybut I still had to go back and jump through their BS hoops 6 more times just to pass the VISUAL. Good luck delaing with the smog NAZIS. Steve

gary

Reaction
yeah, the smog ref i went to was the opposite of cool. the regular smog guy wouldnt pass me because he said the o2 sensor on the header was in the wrong place, so he sent me to the ref. the ref wouldnt pass me because my header has no identifying marks or numbers on it, so even though i had all the documentation on 'em, he had no way of knowing what kind they really were. i ended up talking to his boss, and explaining the situation to him...the boss was cool...finally got it passed...and the worst part is, everything was fine on the truck...the numbers were fine, passed the visual (put the stock tank back in), all was perfect!! just a couple of dicks i had to run into along the way...

DANKFAB

Reaction
Ya I got a stock 91 Blazer tank in my 96 S10 and my stock smog "equipment" connected, so that shouldn't be a problem(haha ya right!) And I do have headers so I am really worried that it will cause more problems than I got time for. I even went as far as getting a stock airbox and hose setup from a junkyard, but the main problem lies in the absence of the ABS system. It is making my "service engine soon" light NOT function at all. And that right there is an automatic FAIL!! Diagnostics suck ass! I hate OBD2 sensors and ABS bullshit. Can you feel my pain...