Smog Dilema

BA_DirtDriver

Reaction
I have a 78 Blazer with a crate motor - no Catalytics that was an AZ registered vehicle. I bought it about 8 months ago and the AZ tags have expired. Any one got any tips for the best way to get this thing CA tagged. I'm not that worried about the cost it's the hassle factor that bothers me most. Thanks for the help.

Bret

BA_DirtDriver

Reaction
Good to know, I searched on smog here and found the tip about the vehicle being out of State and applying for an exemption. This is a great idea for all of you with brothers-in-laws in AZ, since the vehicle must be out of state since it is a felony to perjur yourself on that form. But as this is an out of state vehicle to start with it requires an inspection to verify the VIN information. Any other Ideas?

drtdevil93

Reaction
may be a felony, but how are you going to get caught? i said my truck was on a construction site in az, and they sent me the new tags and papers. i got pulled over a couple weeks ago, the cop ran all my info, nothing came up. i am going to get it exempted legally when its finished up, then all the worries are gone.

erik