Smog Help in San Diego

theMadMonster

RDC Crypto
I am trying to get my truck to pass smog but I am running into a problem, no one wants to work on it. I have a 94 ranger with a 98 explorer engine in it which is why no one wants to touch it. Its technically not a legal swap because I did not get it checked out when I did it a few years ago but it has passed smog in the past. Does anyone have a shop in San Diego that wants to work on it, or if anyone knows someone at a smog only place that wants to make some extra money please PM me. Sorry for just throwing it out there like that but I am running out of time, my registration is already 5 months past due. This is my final attempt, if I cant find help here I am off to the car lots next week. I don't want to but myself in debt with a car loan but I cant keep driving my truck to work and school and risk it getting impounded.

Thanks for any help.

nordictom

RDC Crypto
I have heard CARB is coming down on the SMOG Shops..... so, you might be SOL on that proposal. I keep a vehicle in Arizona, but reg'd in CA. Go to the DMV web site & look at the statement of facts form. I reg. the truck w/ no smog, because it's outside the state of CA. you also need to find someone thats willing to let you use their address from another state.

NT