Sneeking Booze on a cruise?

fathead

Reaction
Going on a cruise this weekend to Ensenada! We have snuck booze before in our luggage, have not got caught.....(Knock on wood)
Any one else do this? Any one ever got caught? Any tips to share. Probably just a big bottle of Vodka and a big bottle of Makers Mark.

Shaggy

Reaction
They were looking out a little closer this year for booze bottles, searching bags more than last cruise, so I didn't try this time. Last year, Alaska cruise, got a bottle of Uncle Jack on no problem. Openly displayed it in the room. Our cabin steward was totally cool, never said a word.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
We used mouthwash bottles and shampoo and it worked when we first came aboard and the stuff was in our luggage. I do remember when we were in port some guy stuck a bottle in his wifes bag and they got caught at the xray machine. All they did was confiscate it. We were in the Mediterranean...

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
I just went on the 4 day to ensanada and back took 2 gallons of booze with me in there original bottles. We rolled up and the bell hop said ok guys wrap all your alcohol in your sweatshirts. He also said that if you get there early they don't look as close at the bags. Good luck and have fun!! Oh yeah and take some mixers with you.

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
My dad did it just fine... a bottle of Crown .. no bigggg dealllll....

DuaneH

Reaction
Went on a 9 day to Mexico 2 years ago. Took 1.5 of Rum and Vodka and wine a 30 pack of Coors, and had no problem except that we also spent a additional 800.00 or so! The friends we had gone with suggested taking it due to the fact of the cost of the alcohol on board, and gaver us the tips on getting it on board......we also had the luxury of the kids baggage to use. Wrap it and place on the edges of the baggage, (not the outside edges just closr to zippers and such.

Good luck and Have Fun!!!

mustafa

Reaction
I bought six packs of bottled water and dumped the water out (still left them in the six pack rings) and filled them with Parrot Bay rum. I wouldn't suggest bringing glass bottles with you if you've seen how they load the luggage. You can purchase a soda card on most cruise ships for about $25. This will allow you to have unlimited sodas while on board. We would walk around with bottles of water (filled with rum) looking inconspicuous and we would get cokes at different bars on the ship and add rum to them. We saved a lot of money by doing this.

firedog

Reaction
A buddy of mine did it with a costo sized mouthwash bottles, he even added blue food coloring to make it look legit!

Hayward Racing

Reaction
I've been on about 5 cruises and almost everyone brought my own alcohol... Mouthwash bottles work best! Have fun...

Dezertpilot

Reaction
jajaja food coloring to mouthwash thats awesome.

Let's go off roading

Reaction
I have a proclivity for Boubon Whisky, got any ideas on some brown mouthwash?

Mix together and equal amount of red, blue, and yellow food coloring and it will be brown. You can see what it looks like and add to it depending on your shade of brown desired. Practice with water to get the right shade.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Put the dark alcohol in some Costco size bottles of Shampoo and conditioner. As a last resort, keester stash it. If they ask why you are having diffculty walking, tell them you just had hip surgery.:D