SNORE Battle at Primm! CODE ORW Grand Prix at Jacume, BC, MX! DIRVE Pro1600 9/19/09?

Reaction
SNORE Battle at Primm! CODE ORW Grand Prix at Jacume, BC, MX! DIRVE Pro1600 9/19/09?

I had so much fun at the SNORE Battle at Primm that I have often said, "I would do that race every other month." There is something about knowing a shorter course like the "back of your hand" and racing with the "Go Big or Go Home" attitude.

The CODE ORW Grand Prix at Jacume has long been one of my favorite races for the very same reason, and I will be racing that race again this August. In fact I would recommend this race to everyone that wants to race classic Baja racing in a very safe and easy format.

I love the Two Heat format of these races for several reasons and I'm interested to hear what others think about these types of races.

DRIVE's next race is September 19th in Plaster City and I do not believe that the course or format has been decided on yet. It will also be a Pro1600 scheduled event and thus perfect for a Multi Heat Race.

It could combine all classes in two or three heats or it could be several heats made up of individual classes. It could be held over two days, (Friday, Saturday) or (Saturday, Sunday) or could be held all on one day with morning heats and afternoon heats.

I would really be interested to see what others think about this, especially the Pro1600 teams.

I'm sure we could talk Doug into giving us what we want!

PollosMtrsprt's

Reaction
Re: SNORE Battle at Primm! CODE ORW Grand Prix at Jacume, BC, MX! DIRVE Pro1600 9/19

Jacume baby all the way,we will be there.

harleys dad

Reaction
Re: SNORE Battle at Primm! CODE ORW Grand Prix at Jacume, BC, MX! DIRVE Pro1600 9/19

I love the BAP format, I will be at Jacume in 2 cars maybe 11 and 1600. The 11 forsure as it is part of the cec11 championship. Ramsey give me a call

RFS Motorsports

Reaction

BAP was a lot of fun!!!

Richie_Bobby

Reaction

Jacume. The best.:D
Were racing the quad on sunday.
We also might race the truck.

baja619

Reaction

Jacume !!! IT is a little tight for big trucks, but Jason and the FiberwerX Team seemed to be able to maneuver them around pretty good. I love the big jumps too!!!

Reaction

Ok, if you enjoy those races, should we try to talk DRIVE into doing the same type of race this September?

baja619

Reaction

For sure, I think Doug is open to anything/ any unique format that makes it appealing for the racers.

C. Bucher

Reaction

People keep asking me when I'm going to race my car again and have decided to at least race the Jacume GP and the Drive (PRO1600) race.

I'm looking forward to Jacume. I've been rallying all of my 1600 boys to go race that.

Last edited:
Reaction

People keep asking me when I'm going to race my car again and have decided to at least race the Jacume GP and the Drive (PRO1600) race.
Do you think the DRIVE Race should be a Heat Race or traditional Desert Race format?

dwasser

Reaction

BATTLE AT PLASTER CITY, (in a good way for a change), Great Idea Ramsey, 2 heats, 2 days. Doug, Oh Doug.......
You are the class 1600 rep Dill. JK. I put it in you and Ramsey's hands with cpmplete faith.

C. Bucher

Reaction

Do you think the DRIVE Race should be a Heat Race or traditional Desert Race format?
You know, I'm open to either format. I like the heat format because it allows me and my other driver the ability to go out on either day and have fun mixing it up. If you have a failure on day one the second leg driver might still get a shot at Sunday, etc.

How many laps are we thinking? I'd be open to a few (2-3) 30-40 mile loops on day one and the same for day two. I dont want the laps to get too short; I'd like to see the racing spread out a little more than it seems to at BAP.

Tipracer

Reaction

two heats the same day...20-30 mile laps, three or four laps, races start at 6 am...good times to be had by all...I love jacume and that style of race in PC would be really great

go woody

Reaction

Ilike the 2 race format get after um Ramsey

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction

that's a great question - I think it should be posted (by Ramsey ;) ;) )on www.pro1600.com :D

I'm up for whatever - I just want to get back down to PC - I had such a great time there :)

shooei

Reaction

Jacume, prerun friday, watch the cars all day saturday and race the quad on sunday. Great way to spend a weekend with family and friends.

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
Reaction

that's a great question - I think it should be posted (by Ramsey ;) ;) )on www.pro1600.com :D

I'm up for whatever - I just want to get back down to PC - I had such a great time there :)
I'm not Ramsey, ;) but I did this a little bit ago.

I also did a little schedule checking. More has a race the week before, MDR North has one a couple weeks later, but this is an off weekend for most everyone else, so this could be a big deal.

Bring on the ideas, I'll keep track of them and then see what everyone wants to do.